When are you all gonna learn?

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
I can't understand why people would leave at that juncture when the team needs support. Ok we were poor and did not look like scoring but to leave in droves( not sure if that is true as I was not at the match yesterday) is not good form. It was an early kick off and reasonable weather not like it was a 4.30 kick off on a cold winter Sunday when you could argue that folk might be anxious to hit the road home late in the game.
Or perhaps they all wanted to get home early to watch the Rags lose ... again ... and again ...

Or perhaps they all wanted to get home early to watch the Rags lose ... again ... and again ...

Again each to their own. But no interest in watching the rags yesterday.
Only when they play us and if there is something riding on it for us.
Like I want the rags to beat liverpool next we really need to weather we like it or not.

2012 5 games to go and 8 points behind utd with the media doing cartwheels and it all looked grim....

2014 4 games to go and Liverpool clear at the top with the media doing cartwheels and it all looked grim

2018 Liverpool 7 points clear in December with the media doing cartwheels and it all looked grim

You get the picture.

I certainly wouldn't say it's over after just 8 games. We have seen so many times before how Liverpool can throw the league away. I also believe they have been riding their luck for too long (I've never seen a side with so much luck) and it's due to end sooner or later. They've also no strength in depth, they got a great first team of 11 players (not as good as City's) but not a great squad.

However, they don't look like losing a game at the moment, whereas, City look unpredictable. We could demolish a side or be on the end of an upset. ALso, I think it's quite obvious that VAR and refs are in Liverpool's corner. As much as it's far too soon to admit defeat, you could look at it as early days and 30 more games to play, or, you could look at it like such a small number of games played and already 8 points behind.
Personally I'm concerned. We'll drop more point between now and May, as will Liverpool, but will they drop at least 8 more points than we do? It's a big ask as the way things look at the moment, let's be honest.

It feels different, somehow. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something missing that was not missing in those earlier years.

Now, we could go on a record-breaking sequence of wins starting with Crystal Palace, and end up with 100 points. It's possible. We've still got a squad full of talent and an excellent manager. Would you bet on it though?

You're kinda right, I surrended the title after Newcastle last year, but we can't do it forever though. Just a we didn't do it in Ferguson's last year, just as we didn't do it in Chelsea's or Wolves titles years, it's going to happen again at some point. That point might be this year too, we have too many injuries to important players.
Wolves? How old are you mate? ;-)

2012 5 games to go and 8 points behind utd with the media doing cartwheels and it all looked grim....

2014 4 games to go and Liverpool clear at the top with the media doing cartwheels and it all looked grim

2018 Liverpool 7 points clear in December with the media doing cartwheels and it all looked grim

You get the picture.
What about 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017? Didn't see you mention them.

I think we probably need to beat them at Anfield to win the league.
Problem is the title is technically out of our hands even if we beat them twice. Just have to hope they drop points somewhere else but we will drop too. So 8 points is a big gap. I was confident when the gap was 5, now I am a bit skeptic.

I agree its along way to go yet but we cant afford to slip up against Liverpool

Problem is the title is technically out of our hands even if we beat them twice. Just have to hope they drop points somewhere else but we will drop too. So 8 points is a big gap. I was confident when the gap was 5, now I am a bit skeptic.

If we beat them at Anfield they'll drop more points soon after. We just need the bubble to burst / the momentum to slow down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.