Ginger Baker RIP

This reported by one of my Facebook friends as a tragic loss. The guy was 80 ffs, hes had a fair innings. No idea if he was a **** or not.

I dint know why but to be fair everyone he was ever involved with professionally or personally have said it so they cant all be wrong
Having read an article in one of the daily hacks it does appear that he could be a loose cannon and could argue for the Universe.
After four failed marriages and being a drug addict its easy to see why people slag him off.He had 29 attempts to curb his drug problem but eventually he did manage.
The old age adage of "Drug taking rocker in rage" springs to mind.

good drummer,(I've played with better), but a bitter angry human being.

I seriously doubt that you have played with better; maybe you are member of Yes or Rush or Led Zep.

I only saw him play live very briefly not too long ago at a Jack Bruce tribute gig; even from that cameo by a frail guy, you could tell that he was not your run of the mill drummer.

The word legend is too easily bandied about but this guy actually qualifies.

RIP

I seriously doubt that you have played with better; maybe you are member of Yes or Rush or Led Zep.

I only saw him play live very briefly not too long ago at a Jack Bruce tribute gig; even from that cameo by a frail guy, you could tell that he was not your run of the mill drummer.

The word legend is too easily bandied about but this guy actually qualifies.

RIP
How do you know I'm not? Played with Dave Mattax and Steve Gadd to name but two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.