Pizza Express on verge of collapse

Am I being stupid here. I've been in Pizza Hut a couple of times, but if we want a pizza now, we go to Asda and get one made up exactly as we want for about £3.00. Why would anyone pay so much more just for what I consider to be inferior / expensive food?

Apparently got around £1.6m debt per restaurant, which is obviously unsustainable. Shame if it goes bust, enjoyed many meals there with the kids when they were younger. Plenty of jokes about it being renamed Calzone Express if it folds, arf.
How can they have lasted so long if each restuarant is £1.6m in shit street?
Who do they owe that much money too?

Am I being stupid here. I've been in Pizza Hut a couple of times, but if we want a pizza now, we go to Asda and get one made up exactly as we want for about £3.00. Why would anyone pay so much more just for what I consider to be inferior / expensive food?
Post of the decade

but the thread’s about pizza express...

How can they have lasted so long if each restuarant is £1.6m in shit street?
Who do they owe that much money too?
They were bought via a leveraged buyout out by a Chinese venture capital group. Like the Glazers, thy borrowed the money to buy the company then loaded that debt onto the target company. They then extract a load of money from the company and leave a bankrupt shell that can't carry on trading.

As it happens, PE in the UK seems to be profitable so may be split off from the international operation.

damn that's funny and odd. when i read that i scrolled up to see the what add was on top and it was for "Goodfood" a healthy choice food to door outfit, but why did i get that instead of Pizza Hut that we have here as well?
I mean how did they know to target me like that? i am over weight, but how do they know that?
(as I go and get a piece of tape for my laptop camera!)
Your searching jacamo haha

I’m not into pizzas as they bore me after a couple of slices but my two lads have always loved them. They’ve not touched a pizza from a large chain shop for ages now as there are now two independent wood fired restaurants/takeaways near to us in Sale which are far superior and authentic. Pizzaland, Dominos (sp) are shit compared to these two and from what I’m told there are plenty others popping up throughout Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.