Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

A normal coach would have signed a CB, but Pep is no normal coach. He innovates and will do it his way. However, that said, FFP is the reason given for no CB signing. And don't forget that there aren't too many CBs out there who play the Pep way. Much as it annoys me to say so, Maguire would have suited us far more than he suits Manure.

Not sure FFP is the reason. For me we signed a right back when we didn’t really need one.

David and Gundo can't play in the same midfield together. Need a KDB or Bernardo with one or the other to press and bring active pressing and legs, maybe even Foden since I think he offers more of a direct offensive threat than either Dave or Gundo. Angelino should've started. Not great defensively but would've definitely offered more offensively. It's time to give Foden and/or Garcia some run tbh.

Battle fatigue is an actual condition. The team has been in battles for too long, which impedes the production of adrenaline which is a crucial element of high performance. The only cure is rest and recuperation; the production of adrenaline is involuntary, triggered by danger/stress, and is well-researched by various military bodies. The performance on Sunday was similar to the one when the coach was trashed, flat and slow, a result of post-trauma depression, another well understood syndrome....
In forum-speak....."they were all shit, lazy and couldn't be arsed" :)

another reason you rotate and put amped up young people out there.

The reason city are giving teams so many chances, is Rodrigo. He's a good player, but he doesn't protect the midfield and defence like fern, in that position. Got to get fern back in midfield, until Rodrigo is up to speed. Let's see what Garcia, Belli's or stones can do.

people losing is ok

yes everybody got there views on what went wrong and message boards are a great way to chew the fat, but come on it could be 1999 or worst
we have to take losing a couple of games now and then, and with the past 10 years who can blame anybody at manchester city, and city & pep record over the last 2 seasons is from another world, but we need grounding and back to earth to refuel, also injuries have been cruel and maybe lady luck or sod's law but city and pep never use that as a excuse

anybody questioning pep needs to wobble their head we just won back to back title's 100 points and 98 and 3 trophies last season and community shield again

David and Gundo can't play in the same midfield together. Need a KDB or Bernardo with one or the other to press and bring active pressing and legs, maybe even Foden since I think he offers more of a direct offensive threat than either Dave or Gundo. Angelino should've started. Not great defensively but would've definitely offered more offensively. It's time to give Foden and/or Garcia some run tbh.

Good points which many have commented on.

Let's hope that Pep can see the issue and does something about it. I personally never feel happy with Gundogan and DS together in the midfield roles as there is never enough energy in the midfield.

Foden must get his chance soon .

The reason city are giving teams so many chances, is Rodrigo. He's a good player, but he doesn't protect the midfield and defence like fern, in that position. Got to get fern back in midfield, until Rodrigo is up to speed. Let's see what Garcia, Belli's or stones can do.

??????

what the hell you been watching matey ??? Rodrigo been outstanding and without him we would be in a mess, he is been fantastic in every game i have watched

people losing is ok

yes everybody got there views on what went wrong and message boards are a great way to chew the fat, but come on it could be 1999 or worst
we have to take losing a couple of games now and then, and with the past 10 years who can blame anybody at manchester city, and city & pep record over the last 2 seasons is from another world, but we need grounding and back to earth to refuel, also injuries have been cruel and maybe lady luck or sod's law but city and pep never use that as a excuse

anybody questioning pep needs to wobble their head we just won back to back title's 100 points and 98 and 3 trophies last season and community shield again

Spot on and I also feel that success has had an adverse impact on some fans as that is there expectation now and if we fall off it, there is outrage and someone needs to be sacked/we fucked up not replacing x, y or z.

people losing is ok

I doubt that many are having a pop at Pep, it's the frustration from seeing the team perform badly , as in Norwich and Wolves. There are certainly grounds for criticising the pairing of Gundogan and DS perhaps because we generally lack energy when they are paired together , and Ota is having a personal mare which is clear to see. Maybe it is time for Pep to use the likes of Foden , Garcia , Angelino to shake things up a bit ?

The injury situation is clearly having a big impact and serious errors from the likes of Ota are helping to add to the frustration . I can accept a defeat if we have played well , but the nature of the defeats at Norwich and Wolves were as a result of collective team failure , which we are no longer used to experiencing .

??????

what the hell you been watching matey ??? Rodrigo been outstanding and without him we would be in a mess, he is been fantastic in every game i have watched
He's not as good yet, as fern in that position especially when you have Silva and gundo in the mf with him.
He's not up to speed with the pace of the prem league yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.