Pizza Express on verge of collapse

They were bought via a leveraged buyout out by a Chinese venture capital group. Like the Glazers, thy borrowed the money to buy the company then loaded that debt onto the target company. They then extract a load of money from the company and leave a bankrupt shell that can't carry on trading.

As it happens, PE in the UK seems to be profitable so may be split off from the international operation.
They said they were looking to get into the Indian and Chinese markets, don't know about China but India is a huge market nowadays for Western chains.

Am I being stupid here. I've been in Pizza Hut a couple of times, but if we want a pizza now, we go to Asda and get one made up exactly as we want for about £3.00. Why would anyone pay so much more just for what I consider to be inferior / expensive food?

Because you don't want to sit In Asda having your tea? Or have to cook the pizza. By your logic you would never eat out again?

Am I being stupid here. I've been in Pizza Hut a couple of times, but if we want a pizza now, we go to Asda and get one made up exactly as we want for about £3.00. Why would anyone pay so much more just for what I consider to be inferior / expensive food?
Don't get your pizza from the Asda Eastlands the bloke behind the counter is a prick.

Because you don't want to sit In Asda having your tea? Or have to cook the pizza. By your logic you would never eat out again?

Yes, but if we go for a chinese we might have soup, spring rolls, crispy duck, 2 main meals, rice, and a special coffee to finish. We aren't going to the bother of making that lot at home so we eat out. This is just a pizza. Bung it in the oven and 15 mins later it's all done. I do like pizza express / pizza hut but just think they are hugely overpriced which might be the reason they're in trouble

Yes, but if we go for a chinese we might have soup, spring rolls, crispy duck, 2 main meals, rice, and a special coffee to finish. We aren't going to the bother of making that lot at home so we eat out. This is just a pizza. Bung it in the oven and 15 mins later it's all done. I do like pizza express / pizza hut but just think they are hugely overpriced which might be the reason they're in trouble
Not a big fan of Pizza Express, but it's completely different to the pizza that Barbara at Asda Stockport will bung together for you. I *assume* that the dough that Pizza Express use will be fresh and rolled for your pizza individually, whereas Asda have the pre-made base that they'll just throw the toppings on and then cover for you with cling film. There are a few places in Manchester that do sourdough pizza, try it out and you'll see the difference.

Not a big fan of Pizza Express, but it's completely different to the pizza that Barbara at Asda Stockport will bung together for you. I *assume* that the dough that Pizza Express use will be fresh and rolled for your pizza individually, whereas Asda have the pre-made base that they'll just throw the toppings on and then cover for you with cling film. There are a few places in Manchester that do sourdough pizza, try it out and you'll see the difference.

I can assure you that Barbara takes a lot of care with her pizzas and she has a certificate to prove it.

Best pizza I've had has always been in Italy. Rome, Sicily and Venice. Nothing comes close. (Except in an Italian in Leicester whose chef was from Rome.)

Best pizza I've had has always been in Italy. Rome, Sicily and Venice. Nothing comes close. (Except in an Italian in Leicester whose chef was from Rome.)
Best I ever had was in Los Angeles in 1973.
It was almost as big as me, and the crust was so thin you could fold the slice in easily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.