Bring the Noise

Genuine question....How many on here sing and I mean properly sing when they attend matches.
Please be honest!!

I will start. I am not a regular match goer due to working all over the world. However when I can attend I will always try. Depending on where I was able to get a ticket in the ground.

Pricing doesn't help.

I used to be in 117 but moved upstairs when level 3 opened. Most of the guys around me did as well but we're all spread out now & i'd guess 117 is a quieter place.

I was one of the 5 guys who with a lot of hard work set up the 115 singing section, it got messed up because at the time we allocated around 500 good singers in a block holding 700, the club issued cheap tickets in SS level 3 so half of the 500 went up there.

Before 115 was set up I was in 116, odd games where good rest horrendous. Fans in the old 116 and kippax corner where dwindling and losing interest in singing. Since 115 has been set up the atmosphere has improved every year. Before people in various areas of the stadium claim it hasn't, believe me it has. A post earlier sums it up ( from manchester33 ) noise does not spread very well. We cant hear SS level 3 apart from rare occasions, we can see kippax clapping hands and a mild echo of singing. Likewise those in level 3 and kippax don't hear us very well. The logistics of how we are spread out and where we are is not helping at all.

I disagree with most of the posts on here as the three first home games in PL where very good, Wolves being shite because a lot of fans sing when we are wining. Believe me if you stood in 114 / 115 / 116 near the back the noise has been good up until wolves game. OK not the level I want but we are getting there.

We all keep suggesting where we should move to, having had 3 or 4 meetings every season with the club for the last 6 years here are the facts. Due to season tickets already taken up there is nowhere to move to. We can not all migrate to east stand near kippax or move away fans ( by police order ) or all move to SS3. We are where we are until we get "some sort" of option if we extend north stand.

Rather than this section sings best and we cant hear you, for now we have to make the noise from where we are. I say the same every game and can only speak from where I stand at back of 115, most of the game a good 150 / 200 of us sing. But when aguero scores we get around 2,000 fans from behind the goal sing "Sergio Sergio". So what happens to these 2,000 singers when only 150 or so sing, they don't turn in to tourists ? We will never get the whole stadium to sing, not many stadiums do this at all, it is a focussed area that makes the noise.

In cup games we organise grouped tickets, we could get around 250 but it has to be SS lower as this is the only place where tickets are available, but only around 60 fans come forward. So if fans want to do anything about the noise, click on the link and join in rather than say its quiet.

Is it just me or do some still go to the games to watch the football?

I love getting involved in the odd song but standing up, punching my the sky shouting City City City for 90 minutes would do my head in. I just want to chill out, enjoy my overpriced hot dog and watch the game.

I was one of the 5 guys who with a lot of hard work set up the 115 singing section, it got messed up because at the time we allocated around 500 good singers in a block holding 700, the club issued cheap tickets in SS level 3 so half of the 500 went up there.

Before 115 was set up I was in 116, odd games where good rest horrendous. Fans in the old 116 and kippax corner where dwindling and losing interest in singing. Since 115 has been set up the atmosphere has improved every year. Before people in various areas of the stadium claim it hasn't, believe me it has. A post earlier sums it up ( from manchester33 ) noise does not spread very well. We cant hear SS level 3 apart from rare occasions, we can see kippax clapping hands and a mild echo of singing. Likewise those in level 3 and kippax don't hear us very well. The logistics of how we are spread out and where we are is not helping at all.

I disagree with most of the posts on here as the three first home games in PL where very good, Wolves being shite because a lot of fans sing when we are wining. Believe me if you stood in 114 / 115 / 116 near the back the noise has been good up until wolves game. OK not the level I want but we are getting there.

We all keep suggesting where we should move to, having had 3 or 4 meetings every season with the club for the last 6 years here are the facts. Due to season tickets already taken up there is nowhere to move to. We can not all migrate to east stand near kippax or move away fans ( by police order ) or all move to SS3. We are where we are until we get "some sort" of option if we extend north stand.

Rather than this section sings best and we cant hear you, for now we have to make the noise from where we are. I say the same every game and can only speak from where I stand at back of 115, most of the game a good 150 / 200 of us sing. But when aguero scores we get around 2,000 fans from behind the goal sing "Sergio Sergio". So what happens to these 2,000 singers when only 150 or so sing, they don't turn in to tourists ? We will never get the whole stadium to sing, not many stadiums do this at all, it is a focussed area that makes the noise.

In cup games we organise grouped tickets, we could get around 250 but it has to be SS lower as this is the only place where tickets are available, but only around 60 fans come forward. So if fans want to do anything about the noise, click on the link and join in rather than say its quiet.

I saw you collecting your banners mate when I was on the way out and thought it must have been a thankless task today (Sunday)

I would move for the domestic Cup games but I get a free ticket in 93:20. I plan to relocate my season card to 114/115 for next season to join the singers.

I love getting involved in the odd song but standing up, punching my the sky shouting City City City for 90 minutes would do my head in. I just want to chill out, enjoy my overpriced hot dog and watch the game.

The issue is that for many lower profile games (and I’m not sure how we can look down on Wolves) 5 percent make an effort to get behind the team and 95 percent contribute sweet FA. Also, it’s not difficult to sing and watch the game.

If people don’t want to contribute to the atmosphere that’s there own choice but it takes the piss when they occupy the relatively small signing section at the Etihad.

Opposite to me, yes of course the football comes first but if i had to sit watching a football match, eating a fucking hotdog and not sing i would rather watch it at home, whats the point ????

To be honest, having had a season ticket most of my life, last few years money has been tight and I haven't been able to afford one, especially as the prices continue to rise. However, just recently my financial situation has improved slightly so I fancied going to a game. I looked at the Wolves game and a half decent seat cost around the £55 mark.

That, to me, is the problem, even though I could afford it, I just couldn't justify £55 for what is not exactly the biggest game of the season, plus the wife often likes to come as well, so that's £110 between the two of us, if you're gonna pay that kind of money you might as well wait for the big games. Which is what most fans are doing, so you get far more tourists at games like Wolves.

Pep has had a go at City fans numerous times for lack of atmosphere, well he needs to have a word with his employers, because if they priced tickets more reasonably, the loud, more passionate fans would be at the ground cheering the team on rather than sat at home while the rich fans on a day out, who sit quietly and watch, take their place. I love Pep for what he's done for our club but I dont believe he's ever truly "got" us as a fanbase.

At the end of the day we're a largely working class fanbase. We dont live in London, a lot of us struggle to pay bills never mind fork out hundreds and hundreds of pounds to watch these millionaire footballers and a very rich manager who has the nerve to criticize us. I'd go every game if I could and so would many others who would sing their hearts out for the team, but unless Khaldoon, Soriano and co start to cater for the working class fans a bit more, that just will not happen I'm afraid.

This is only going to get worse.

I saw you collecting your banners mate when I was on the way out and thought it must have been a thankless task today (Sunday)

I would move for the domestic Cup games but I get a free ticket in 93:20. I plan to relocate my season card to 114/115 for next season to join the singers.

Ey that's me, surprised my back can take it any more !

Be good to see you in 115, in May we get a spreadsheet of what season card seats there are left in 115 / 114. Its so that anybody wanting to relocate to the "not always" singing section can have a look before open sale. It is good of the club to give us this chance and gives singers an option to get in that area. We always put it out on social media / BM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.