Another transitional season? No.

He can lead the line though, recall looking at the stats last season and neither our goals per game or points per game suffered when Jesus started instead of Aguero.
You can't say they are anything like the same though,sergio wants only to score,he has tunnel vision in that regard

You can't say they are anything like the same though,sergio wants only to score,he has tunnel vision in that regard

They're very different but equally effective. I believe Jesus has a better goal return than Aguero had at the same age too, open to correction on that.

I don't see it as a transitional season. We lost our captain and leader and didn't replace him and have subsequently had injuries to our two best CBs. We have also lost Sane to injury and De Bruyne was missing. Throw in Mendy and his fitness and that is like Liverpool being without Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Mane and Wijnaldum. It changes things and makes it a lot harder to play as well.

It is handling the injuries as best as we can. In attack, generally we are fine but we cannot rely on Fernandinho and Otamendi to cope with counter attacks. I would like to see Pep react and put Garcia in. Walker going off left us weak to the pace on the break because Zinchenko is also slow and Cancelo is much higher up the pitch. Pep has often used Walker to protect us from counter attacks with his pace.

The league isn't over but Pep needs to review things and build for the future. I think most of us would be fine with a transitional season if it meant Foden, Garcia and Jesus had fully established themselves in our team.
I think we have headed straight into what will be a short but perhaps painful transition. Vinny is gone, David is going and Fern and Kun have at most two seasons left and Otto is likely to be off soon too. The three players mentioned above all need more game time as they should form part of the next generation and hopefully Foden and Garcia will fill the slots vacated by Dave and Otto. This still leaves a few new recruits over the next couple of seasons and if Pep confirms his departure in 2021 or perhaps leaves prematurely next May the task of replacement may be left to the new manager. While we are most certainly short at CB this group of players when everybody is fit is still a formidable outfit. In a sense modern management and planning necessitates a degree of on-going transition rather than waiting for a squad to reach the end of the road together. Therefore,I predict a relatively stable period ahead, notwithstanding the current predicament, and the key issue over the next two years may well be who replaces Pep.

He can lead the line though, recall looking at the stats last season and neither our goals per game or points per game suffered when Jesus started instead of Aguero.
He can do it but aguero does it a lot better though i think his attributes would make him deadly as a wide forward pep just needs to drop mahrez shift sterling over to the right and get jesus on at the left

They're very different but equally effective. I believe Jesus has a better goal return than Aguero had at the same age too, open to correction on that.
That's a meaningless stat though,there are a million other variables,i think gabby is more suited to play with someone else than alone,the situation will sort it out naturally,you have to say pep has his reasons with what he is doing

I think we have headed straight into what will be a short but perhaps painful transition. Vinny is gone, David is going and Fern and Kun have at most two seasons left and Otto is likely to be off soon too. The three players mentioned above all need more game time as they should form part of the next generation and hopefully Foden and Garcia will fill the slots vacated by Dave and Otto. This still leaves a few new recruits over the next couple of seasons and if Pep confirms his departure in 2021 or perhaps leaves prematurely next May the task of replacement may be left to the new manager. While we are most certainly short at CB this group of players when everybody is fit is still a formidable outfit. In a sense modern management and planning necessitates a degree of on-going transition rather than waiting for a squad to reach the end of the road together. Therefore,I predict a relatively stable period ahead, notwithstanding the current predicament, and the key issue over the next two years may well be who replaces Pep.
We just have a lot of injurys were not in transition bar vinny and maybe silva we have all the replacements ready to go

Aguero played for athletico at jesuss age didnt he? either way jesus has been part of one of the best premier league teams ever its not a fair comparison as he will get more goals in this team than aguero could in that athletico team

Jesus has been quite productive since January. Even if you don't count the goals against lower level opposition in the Carabao Cup, he has been scoring goals. The idea that he can't lead the line is based on old memories. He provides better physical presence than Sergio and his link up play is quite good actually. Our best chance against Wolves came when he created an opening for Cancelo who passed it to Bernardo. He started also the attack for the 2nd goal against Zagreb. He can play well outside the box, he can score goals and he can press. I didn't see any drop in quality in our attack when he played against West Ham and Everton away. He scored the first goal in both games and did generally well.

Unfortunately, we are still in transition. Replacing legends like Kompany, Silva, Dinho and Kun was always going to be very difficult, even for a manager like Pep and for a club with our financial power. Especially with so many injuries.

Personally, I expect that we will finish the season very strongly and the transition will be completed over the next few months. Might not be enough for the PL title, but who knows? Once we add Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Bernardo and Jesus to the starting XI, we will be very strong again. Might be wrong, but I believe in Pep and the players.

More importantly than a transistion with players is we are going to have to adapt and change our approach to games.

The parked bus route is our achilles heal, and one we dont look like having an aswer to. Its all well having possesdion with a pkayer like rodri passing the ball side to side, but we are left with no space for the forwards and that leads to frustration and a lack of chances

It us up to Pep to address this because you can bet that every team will park the bus against us and look to expose our weakness on the counter.

Do we have to start drawing teams out instead of compressing them in their own half and making the pitch super small.

I believe we should be exploring it. Because there is one thing the PL is known for, that the other teams will wise up and adapt in order to get points to stay in the division...unlike other leagues like Spain/Italy because the money is not that great

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.