Bring the Noise

To be honest, having had a season ticket most of my life, last few years money has been tight and I haven't been able to afford one, especially as the prices continue to rise. However, just recently my financial situation has improved slightly so I fancied going to a game. I looked at the Wolves game and a half decent seat cost around the £55 mark.

That, to me, is the problem, even though I could afford it, I just couldn't justify £55 for what is not exactly the biggest game of the season, plus the wife often likes to come as well, so that's £110 between the two of us, if you're gonna pay that kind of money you might as well wait for the big games. Which is what most fans are doing, so you get far more tourists at games like Wolves.

Pep has had a go at City fans numerous times for lack of atmosphere, well he needs to have a word with his employers, because if they priced tickets more reasonably, the loud, more passionate fans would be at the ground cheering the team on rather than sat at home while the rich fans on a day out, who sit quietly and watch, take their place. I love Pep for what he's done for our club but I dont believe he's ever truly "got" us as a fanbase.

At the end of the day we're a largely working class fanbase. We dont live in London, a lot of us struggle to pay bills never mind fork out hundreds and hundreds of pounds to watch these millionaire footballers and a very rich manager who has the nerve to criticize us. I'd go every game if I could and so would many others who would sing their hearts out for the team, but unless Khaldoon, Soriano and co start to cater for the working class fans a bit more, that just will not happen I'm afraid.

This is only going to get worse.

couldn't agree more, its expensive football these days and regardless of can we afford it does the price of a ticket justify it. There comes a tipping point where you look in your pocket and think "pound for pound". We are very fortunate to be seeing worlds best footy team at moment, but when I so prices for charity shield I thought stuff that.

That's another of my bugbears when we get a press release saying pep wants more support ( well whoever sends it ), perhaps fans would like appreciation off players at the end of games.

To be honest, having had a season ticket most of my life, last few years money has been tight and I haven't been able to afford one, especially as the prices continue to rise. However, just recently my financial situation has improved slightly so I fancied going to a game. I looked at the Wolves game and a half decent seat cost around the £55 mark.

That, to me, is the problem, even though I could afford it, I just couldn't justify £55 for what is not exactly the biggest game of the season, plus the wife often likes to come as well, so that's £110 between the two of us, if you're gonna pay that kind of money you might as well wait for the big games. Which is what most fans are doing, so you get far more tourists at games like Wolves.

Pep has had a go at City fans numerous times for lack of atmosphere, well he needs to have a word with his employers, because if they priced tickets more reasonably, the loud, more passionate fans would be at the ground cheering the team on rather than sat at home while the rich fans on a day out, who sit quietly and watch, take their place. I love Pep for what he's done for our club but I dont believe he's ever truly "got" us as a fanbase.

At the end of the day we're a largely working class fanbase. We dont live in London, a lot of us struggle to pay bills never mind fork out hundreds and hundreds of pounds to watch these millionaire footballers and a very rich manager who has the nerve to criticize us. I'd go every game if I could and so would many others who would sing their hearts out for the team, but unless Khaldoon, Soriano and co start to cater for the working class fans a bit more, that just will not happen I'm afraid.

Totally agree £110 takes some justification.

Always worth looking in the ticket and travel exchange section on here, you can pick up tickets for as little as £20.

A post earlier sums it up ( from manchester33 ) noise does not spread very well. We cant hear SS level 3 apart from rare occasions, we can see kippax clapping hands and a mild echo of singing. Likewise those in level 3 and kippax don't hear us very well. The logistics of how we are spread out and where we are is not helping at all.

I disagree with most of the posts on here as the three first home games in PL where very good, Wolves being shite because a lot of fans sing when we are wining. Believe me if you stood in 114 / 115 / 116 near the back the noise has been good up until wolves game. OK not the level I want but we are getting there.

We all keep suggesting where we should move to, having had 3 or 4 meetings every season with the club for the last 6 years here are the facts. Due to season tickets already taken up there is nowhere to move to. We can not all migrate to east stand near kippax or move away fans ( by police order ) or all move to SS3. We are where we are until we get "some sort" of option if we extend north stand

You are correct about the noise not travelling. I am in SS3 and whilst I can hear the lower tiers, when I went in SS1 for a cup game where SS3 had 5000 plus Burnley fans, I couldn’t hear them sing one song. SS3 can be loud at times but it’s very hit and miss and obviously level 1 doesn’t hear it so doesn’t join in.

Is it just me or do some still go to the games to watch the football?

I love getting involved in the odd song but standing up, punching my the sky shouting City City City for 90 minutes would do my head in. I just want to chill out, enjoy my overpriced hot dog and watch the game.

Watch it from the safety of your armchair then.
If you go to the game your supposed to be a supporter not a spectator

I personally think the north/family stand should to be rebuilt to make a stand like the wall that the spuds have and with safe standing. If not why not recreate the kippax by having one of the bottom tiers along the side of the pitch as a safe standing area with but I suppose that the 1894 group may find it harder to do displays there.

I personally think the north/family stand should to be rebuilt to make a stand like the wall that the spuds have and with safe standing. If not why not recreate the kippax by having one of the bottom tiers along the side of the pitch as a safe standing area with but I suppose that the 1894 group may find it harder to do displays there.

Mate this is just what is in mind. Sometimes its better to just say "right, we are all over the place in three different areas, so lets all up sticks and start a fresh in a re built north stand". This way we are traditionally behind goal, positioned in second half to suck the ball in the net. Also displays are on view for away fans / dead easy to do displays in one full end without posh seats and the away end getting in the way. Kippax with safestand is always talked about and has a good shout, a lot like the idea then they can taunt away fans. But I don't think re developing will involve safestand in the kippax ( it will be either SS lower or redeveloped north ). Plus like you say display aren't as easy.

we know displays don't make noise & flags don't sing but it creates and is a good visual for colour and banners with a messages on.

had a meeting a while back and chatted with Prestwich blue on BM. We both said Etihad has been developed in to a miss match stadium over the last 6 years, corporate seats stuck here and there separating fans, away fans in three tiers, family double stand behind goal, singers in a make shift lower SS / Kippax and SS3. We are all over the place, cant hear eachother apart from the odd occasion, needs a re group.

When we do the cup games, please join in with the grouping, for nothing else it would be a good chance to get together and share ideas. We all have one goal

I dont buy into its the price of tickets being the issue. There have been plenty of juicy CL games where tickets have been reasonable and after the initial surge of noise, we tend to revert to a PL type atmosphere.

There are only two games (imo) whereby the atmosphere is "wow" and that is rags and dippers, mainly because we hate the fuckers I suspect

Let's face it the whole matchday experience is now pretty crap, well in my opinion anyway. If you listen to a guy on Man city TV under the name of Danny, he makes a lot of good points about how we're slowly becoming like Utd with regards to having too many tourist fans on board, how many lads from Levenshulme, Gorton, Moss side now attend the Etihad, priced out etc. We are still a local club but we have lost so many Manchester based fans over the years, the ones who probably were very passionate about City and who would generate an atmosphere. The club should be trying to get them back, but they really don't give a fuck unless your pockets are lined with Gold.

Let's face it the whole matchday experience is now pretty crap, well in my opinion anyway. If you listen to a guy on Man city TV under the name of Danny, he makes a lot of good points about how we're slowly becoming like Utd with regards to having too many tourist fans on board, how many lads from Levenshulme, Gorton, Moss side now attend the Etihad, priced out etc. We are still a local club but we have lost so many Manchester based fans over the years, the ones who probably were very passionate about City and who would generate an atmosphere. The club should be trying to get them back, but they really don't give a fuck unless your pockets are lined with Gold.

I think you are being a little hard on the club. Yes, I am sure they would love to fill the stadium with locals. Like it or not, we are no longer a local football club (those days are long gone in the PL imo), we are a global commercial enterprise and it would be madness to put a bum on seat for say £30 when someone is willing to sit in that same seat for £55.

Im afraid if you want to go back to the old days of just local lads in the ground, you will have to drop a league or two

I think it depends what you want from a matchday experience. I want a few beers, good football and a cracking atmosphere and that's me happy. Everyone seems to have really short memories and basing our atmosphere on a crap day on Sunday. Go back to last season and straight of the top of my head i can think of Leicester, united, liverpool, chelsea, spurs x2 that were incredible for atmosphere and i absolutely loved them. I think there are always going to be bad days and its inevitable that we will keep getting more and more tourists, but when the conditions are right, its still a great experience and atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.