The most mental pub in Manchester?

I went to The City a few years after we had moved into the new stadium when we were at home to Stoke. It was a bit like Star Wars, a bloke selling very fresh shop lifted meat, someone selling trainers and someone who brought their own beer in but what amazed me was when someone came in from the street, stood at the door and shouted in 'The Stoke train has just got in'. Bar me, my mate and the barmaid, everyone left. I don't know whether it is still used by City's firm but we decided not to go back !
It was used by City's firm , but not now.
One of my pals , Beano ,used to run with them.

Fucking hell I went into waves again today on route to the brexit supporters area out side the midland hotel.

For those that don’t know it this pub is downstairs on Oldham street underneath sachas. I had a pint and I think the locals thought Prince Charles had walked in.

I am still a little messed up from my half hour in there.

What’s your maddest pub experience?

I am seriously struggling with what I witnessed!

If you go in there with matching shoes they think that your the secret millionaire.

It’s funny when you continue with this utter nonsense. You’ve been told about it numerous times and you’re quite clearly someone who doesn’t know.

Manchester hasn’t produced anything in terms of business in the last decade? @worsleyweb will confirm you’re very wide of the mark, as will I.

Manchester is the booming currently and has done for several years now. In fact, for a period of time recently it grew quicker than London.

Manchester is becoming a hub for fintech and other tech companies.

A large bank, a client of mine, are moving all their tech into the city and in their words see it now as the 2nd City.

The skyline has changed significantly in just the 4 years since I moved into the city centre.

Is it full of scrotes? Yes

Is it becoming and maybe already an economic powerhouse? Yes

I suggest you do a little reading before spouting off on a Manchester based forum... and before you say, I wasn’t born in Manchester, Stockport actually and I grew up in the High Peak. Manchester to me is just work, a piss up and gods own football club, I don’t care for it apart from that.
So your not from Manchester

Went in the back room of the Birch Villas once accidentally with me mate and the pet dog in the mid 80's. It was 'Scars R Us ' in there illuminated by the brightest strip lighting available. Too scared to turn round and leave so we had to have a pint. One of the ruffians gave my dog some of his chips. Didn't go back for 15 years.

Also the Polar Bear (or White Bear) which is now Fringe Bar on Swan Street had a frightening cast of characters

Used to love the pubs around Maine Road but we were young and wide cos we were from Scotland
Looking back we probably put ourselves in some dodgy situations but always managed to get out of them somehow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.