David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bizarre management if true.

If they think he can't run enough, why are they playing him every single game? Rest him up ffs. We get loads of opportunities to do so, but no, he starts vs Preston etc.

Everything about that tweet makes my head hurt. One one hand it's good to know I'm not crazy, because I too have noticed David's, um, reduced physical statistics. On the other, we've managed to come up with precisely the wrong solution. I'm pretty sure Pep is just trolling us now.

I don't see the problem,he is an older player,running has never ben his thing,imo you are just looking for a reason to drop him for phil

You do release it's not me making the claims that he's not running enough right? It's the coaching team, allegedly. If they think its a problem, all i'm doing is suggesting a totally fucking obvious alternative. I want Silva fit and firing for the big games, not wasting his time vs Watford at home. That's hardly wanting him dropped is it? Bore off.

If they think he can't run enough, why are they playing him every single game? Rest him up ffs. We get loads of opportunities to do so, but no, he starts vs Preston etc.

Already I hate this season. Something just feels wrong.

I don't see the problem,he is an older player,running has never ben his thing,imo you are just looking for a reason to drop him for phil
You dont see the problem?
But apparently Pep does...if this report is true...You have always backed whatever Pep has said or done,but now you dont see the problem?

The truth is,far too much has been made of our little magicians last season.It should be the manager who decides when a player is no longer consistently cutting edge.not the player...ie Yaya at the end of his career..he still felt he could turn out for us,but it was obvious to many at the end he didnt have the legs for the premier league ..and certaintly not for the high octane, central midfield role that Pep demands.

Peps arrival at City has literally accelerated the diminution of David Silvas effectiveness..he is clearly(now) not up to playing every game in Peps style.The start of Peps first season at City had Silva and Kdb playing a central mid two which was a shock to both players systems; i had never seen Silva work and run as hard as he had to before at City..he certainly never played that way for Spain either..it has taken its toll.Some of us were aware of this 2 years ago..his performamces have dropped..its understandable given the way we play and the players age...it was my opinion that the next best thing should have begun to be phased in quite some time ago...by now he would be ready to seemlessly adapt to his given role..And that in itself would have..possibly ..extended Silvas career....instead we have been left with the ridiculous situation where the players choose their captain ..as he winds down his career.
I keep making reference to Liverpool when they were dominant in the late 70s and 80s..their industrious midfield of mcdermott Souness kennedy and to a lesser extent Case were capable of fine football but all were able to put the hard yards in...in a somewhat brutal old first division..if not,they were replaced ..in ruthless fashion..We can perhaps learn from this.
I have nothing agsinst David Silva,aprt from his goal scoring record for City is not as good as it should have been for a player of his undoubted talent..his weak left foot effort in front of an open goal the other match perhaps contrasts sharply with the beautifully executed right foot finish by Foden,his weaker foot,to seal a win against champions league oppenents.in the last two years Foden gas barely played.. but his goals tally is comparable with Silva who has played almost non stop...add to the mix the reduction in Merlins ability to put in the hard yards means that our team is now weaker...and savy premier league oppenents are gonna be looking at this weakness and exploiting it.The absence of Kdb now puts Silvas contribution sharply into focus...

The present situation has been coming a long time. It needs dealing with.forget the season long procession till the end of Merlins City career..start blending in young goal scoring talent..before they fuck off and light up another teams midfield.And im not really interested what the press are saying regarding Foden-thats clearly just to stir up trouble...this is my opinion, and has been for a long time before the press picked up on the issue as another stick to beat City with.

You dont see the problem?
But apparently Pep does...if this report is true...You have always backed whatever Pep has said or done,but now you dont see the problem?

The truth is,far too much has been made of our little magicians last season.It should be the manager who decides when a player is no longer consistently cutting edge.not the player...ie Yaya at the end of his career..he still felt he could turn out for us,but it was obvious to many at the end he didnt have the legs for the premier league ..and certaintly not for the high octane, central midfield role that Pep demands.

Peps arrival at City has literally accelerated the diminution of David Silvas effectiveness..he is clearly(now) not up to playing every game in Peps style.The start of Peps first season at City had Silva and Kdb playing a central mid two which was a shock to both players systems; i had never seen Silva work and run as hard as he had to before at City..he certainly never played that way for Spain either..it has taken its toll.Some of us were aware of this 2 years ago..his performamces have dropped..its understandable given the way we play and the players age...it was my opinion that the next best thing should have begun to be phased in quite some time ago...by now he would be ready to seemlessly adapt to his given role..And that in itself would have..possibly ..extended Silvas career....instead we have been left with the ridiculous situation where the players choose their captain ..as he winds down his career.
I keep making reference to Liverpool when they were dominant in the late 70s and 80s..their industrious midfield of mcdermott Souness kennedy and to a lesser extent Case were capable of fine football but all were able to put the hard yards in...in a somewhat brutal old first division..if not,they were replaced ..in ruthless fashion..We can perhaps learn from this.
I have nothing agsinst David Silva,aprt from his goal scoring record for City is not as good as it should have been for a player of his undoubted talent..his weak left foot effort in front of an open goal the other match perhaps contrasts sharply with the beautifully executed right foot finish by Foden,his weaker foot,to seal a win against champions league oppenents.in the last two years Foden gas barely played.. but his goals tally is comparable with Silva who has played almost non stop...add to the mix the reduction in Merlins ability to put in the hard yards means that our team is now weaker...and savy premier league oppenents are gonna be looking at this weakness and exploiting it.The absence of Kdb now puts Silvas contribution sharply into focus...

The present situation has been coming a long time. It needs dealing with.forget the season long procession till the end of Merlins City career..start blending in young goal scoring talent..before they fuck off and light up another teams midfield.And im not really interested what the press are saying regarding Foden-thats clearly just to stir up trouble...this is my opinion, and has been for a long time before the press picked up on the issue as another stick to beat City with.
Why oh why do you pick on his goal scoring? he has never been a goal scorer barr one season,he has said he has never seen himself as a scorer,he was and always has been the creator,seeing as we have broken the goal scored record a few times him not actually scoring hasn't mattered,i'm sorry if that clouds your memory of him,he has created more goals and given me endless pleasure so i don't care about scoring or not,phil looks brilliant as an all rounder including goals,different players bring different things,i'm not really a fan of comparing like that
He wasn't supposed to play so much last season,pep said he wouldn't be but then kev was out the whole season so he did,last season really took it out of all of them,given his age he is feeling it more,i think he needs to managed better this last season,he is still putting in tackles so he is not taking it easy,playing with gundy blunts him,i hope pep drops gundy for a game then you'll see the situation is not that dire,should phil share the load? yes but there is a reason pep sees that we don't
As for always backing up pep,that's not me,i'm always having a go at his team selections and getting pelters for it and i'll never say trust in pep(except then)i hate that phrase,i will give him he sees things we don't,i think he over thinks things and is a smart arse sometimes(spurs away c/l),he is a genius but not a faultless one

considering its meant to be his transition season/ road to quitting top flight football. i am surprised he's basically starting every game, including cup games. surely the sensible thing to do would be to rotate him and save him for the big games. I think hes looked tired and off the boil for a while now.

Do you reckon the squad voting him as captain is resulting in Silva playing more often than he should?

Sorry but this is just absolute bullshit. In 2017/18 Silva's work off the ball was fantastic, he helped us to suffocate teams and we maintained an excellent shape as both he and KDB had the legs to press for 90.

Now he doesn't so off the ball we're operating using a 4-4-2 which is leaving us more exposed centrally. This isn't a made up issue it's a fact.

David shouldn't be in the team. His legs have gone and he's not having any impact going forward.

Phil should absolutely be starting because whilst he might not yet be able to play between the lines in the way David can, he offers us legs and pressing, not to mention much more of a goal threat.

Silva is undoubted one of our greatest ever players, but he's not immune from having his performances analysed fairly.

He needs to be playing much less.

Do you reckon the squad voting him as captain is resulting in Silva playing more often than he should?
No, and I can't see why so many people are even entertaining this idea. He was overplayed last season too, before he was captain... Pep just trusts certain players more than others.

It's also extremely clear based on everything Pep's said that he's not arsed about who wears the armband. He views the captain as the players' spokesperson to him and his staff if there's any issues, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.