Blues guitar

Popa Chubby is pretty good. Looks more like a rapper than a guitarist tho.

Glen Hughes? Did he not play bass for Deep Purple?

Unfortunately yes he did. Jon Lord said he couldn't carry on unraveling the Deep Purple history when Hughes and Bolin were dragging the reputation through the mud being full of drugs all of the time. Great band ruined by two losers.

If you want to see Glen Hughes in concert he's due to appear at the Holmfirth Picturedome (capacity 53 people) late November which is just about his level. Bastard broke up my favourite band.

On a more positive note, has Kenny Wayne Shephard been mentioned yet?

Unfortunately yes he did. Jon Lord said he couldn't carry on unraveling the Deep Purple history when Hughes and Bolin were dragging the reputation through the mud being full of drugs all of the time. Great band ruined by two losers.

If you want to see Glen Hughes in concert he's due to appear at the Holmfirth Picturedome (capacity 53 people) late November which is just about his level. Bastard broke up my favourite band.
I didn't realise that. Thanks for posting.

Woke up this morning.........oh I woke up this morning....... .feelin blue..... do doobe do do......

Shite!

At that time, I'd say Purple were done when Blackmore left - although I do like the album they did with Bolin, who was a gifted guitarist. It was Coverdale and Hughes wanting to get funky that was final straw for Blackmore wasn't it?

Hughes TBF pulled himself together many years back and his voice remains excellent. I've seen him solo and with BCC a few times and I definitely wouldn't call him a loser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.