Mental Health in Manchester

Thanks again to everyone, you have all been a great help, I really appreciate you taking time out to do this and shape the future of the services.

Thanks also to those who have contacted me by PM.

I think the survey will be live for around another month and we have a meeting arranged in November for next steps and hopefully I will be able to report back on how the project is going.

done

Im in my early 20s and have really struggled with mental health issues and i was in quite a bad place not that long ago. the services, in particular at stepping hill, that I have used really helped me.so anything to help.

done

Im in my early 20s and have really struggled with mental health issues and i was in quite a bad place not that long ago. the services, in particular at stepping hill, that I have used really helped me.so anything to help.
Thanks mate

Lets hope your experiences help others in the future and that you keep well.

Take care

Done. As an aside, this forum is absolutely incredible in talking about stuff like this and talking about anything/opening up is crucial...absolutely crucial.

Done. As an aside, this forum is absolutely incredible in talking about stuff like this and talking about anything/opening up is crucial...absolutely crucial.

Indeed it is and the response has been superb, it should give us a real insight into how to move forward for the benefit of the whole of Manchester and if the model is successful then it will be rolled out across the country.

On Monday we are visiting Coffee for Craig, https://www.coffee4craig.com/ a homeless charity based in town and hope to reach out to that part of the community that is rarely given any chance to express an opinion.

Thanks to Ric too for allowing this to be a sticky for the duration of the exercise.

It is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Prior to our visit to Coffee for Craig here is a couple of things to digest.

Manchester Facts

More homeless people died in Manchester than in any other local authority area in England and Wales in 2017, according to the first national statistics capturing the pattern of deaths among rough sleepers and people living in homeless shelters.

What is being done?

In Manchester, there are over 28 official charities working within the homeless sector; There is a huge increase in hot food on offer and no shortage of goodwill out on the street. If you would like to support the charities and make a real difference, get in touch, check out StreetSupport.net and offer your support to one of the many charities.

We desperately need to get the views of these people and find out how we can target services for their benefit.

Had a catch up with the boss lady earlier.

We have now had over 400 direct responses on-line, which is fabulous.

Great work thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.