New leaders

Anyone who watched the team wait to restart whilst Wolves were celebrating their first will recognise the lack of leadership. Hands on hips, heads down. Then carrying on lobbing hopeful high balls was really disappointing for me and showed a real lack of leadership, needed someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen.

I hate to say it but compared to Van Dick & Milner who do we have who has a bit of fire in their belly??

Eric certainly has, unfortunately not available now. Rodri might become, he's new to the team and young though. Think Gabby has a lot of fire in him but is also quite young and doesn't have authority being a squad player.

Eric certainly has, unfortunately not available now. Rodri might become, he's new to the team and young though. Think Gabby has a lot of fire in him but is also quite young and doesn't have authority being a squad player.

Of our current players, I think Kev would be the best choice as captain , due to his attitude and standing in the team .

I think until we could all agree what we think the role of the on pitch leader is, we will have a plethora of names thrown in the hat by fans. Personally, I dont see Sterling or Bernardo as leaders (nor Merlin), principally because I dont think they are capable of barking loud enough, but that is one of my criterias as a leader (to gee up all around them) when the going gets tough.

I also believe it needs to be an outfield player and one who has the respect of the players. There is only one at the moment who ticks the boxes for my classification, and that is Kev.
De Bruyne is certainly the stand out player for the role, however I do like the idea we have of having a leadership group of 4-5 players who could easily take on the responsibility of KDB wasn’t available.

Were we differ is the vocal element, personally I don’t think it’s as important as having someone who epitomises and encompasses our biggest strengths which are our will to win and high intensity. That’s why I think Sterling and Bernardo are perfect, Sterling for the way he clearly dedicates so much time to his personal improvement and Bernardo simply for games like Liverpool at home last year when he just never stopped running right to the last second. City fans love players who give everything, however bad things get (I mean that over the last 20/30 years, not right now) we will always back players who fight for us and those two do imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.