Sunderland in League One (again) 2019/2020

Sacked their manager. Since he took over in May 2018, he’s only lost 7 league games compared with our 6. Interesting.

Sacked their manager. Since he took over in May 2018, he’s only lost 7 league games compared with our 6. Interesting.

Too many draws, the number of 1-1s we've had is crazy...so to me, that lacks a bit of ruthlessness.....without trying to sound arrogant, with the squad and money he had last season, he should have pissed the league.
Arguably the squad is weaker this year, as we finally cleared the last of the prem players.....but still, we should be doing better.

The ultimate key more recently, is that the football is dire...we had a few 4-0s etc last year....this year, we are scraping wins (when we win that is)...

We're in danger of becoming a mid/long tern lower league team.....the change was inevitable...

Too many draws, the number of 1-1s we've had is crazy...so to me, that lacks a bit of ruthlessness.....without trying to sound arrogant, with the squad and money he had last season, he should have pissed the league.
Arguably the squad is weaker this year, as we finally cleared the last of the prem players.....but still, we should be doing better.

The ultimate key more recently, is that the football is dire...we had a few 4-0s etc last year....this year, we are scraping wins (when we win that is)...

We're in danger of becoming a mid/long tern lower league team.....the change was inevitable...
It was a strange appointment in the first place, I think it was probably financial, hoping Ross was a great Manager and able to get a tune out of less expensive players.

Looking at the Manager’s available OGS could be in the mix quite shortly :-)

However, I think Tony Pulis could be the man to get you promoted. I know he’s not everyone’s footballing choice but he’s very accomplished at lower level football. A bit like us when Joe Royle adopted his “dogs of war” tactics and earned us two consecutive promotions. Fucking useless in the Premier League but he was the man for the time.

Who’s your choice?

Edit, just seen Pulis is 25/1 on Skybet, stuck a fiver on, Gareth Ainsworth 7/4 favourite.

Last edited:
Pulis isnt a bad shout for that level at all, and he might still have all his stoke club shop stuff so makes the financial package so much cheaper

Pulis isnt a bad shout for that level at all, and he might still have all his stoke club shop stuff so makes the financial package so much cheaper
I can’t stand the fella but I think you are bang on. He almost certainly do well at Sunderland for a few years.

On a side note I have a women working for me who is a match going Stoke fan and she was buzzing on Monday as there were reports of Pulis being seen in the Stoke area on Saturday. I don’t really know why she was buzzing, if I saw him in the Manchester area I’d be sorely tempted to give him a slap.

I can’t stand the fella but I think you are bang on. He almost certainly do well at Sunderland for a few years.

On a side note I have a women working for me who is a match going Stoke fan and she was buzzing on Monday as there were reports of Pulis being seen in the Stoke area on Saturday. I don’t really know why she was buzzing, if I saw him in the Manchester area I’d be sorely tempted to give him a slap.
BUZZING!you say did she look a bit flushed.

It was a strange appointment in the first place, I think it was probably financial, hoping Ross was a great Manager and able to get a tune out of less expensive players.

Looking at the Manager’s available OGS could be in the mix quite shortly :-)

However, I think Tony Pulis could be the man to get you promoted. I know he’s not everyone’s footballing choice but he’s very accomplished at lower level football. A bit like us when Joe Royle adopted his “dogs of war” tactics and earned us two consecutive promotions. Fucking useless in the Premier League but he was the man for the time.

Who’s your choice?

Edit, just seen Pulis is 25/1 on Skybet, stuck a fiver on, Gareth Ainsworth 7/4 favourite.

It was a risk...up and coming manager...it hasn't worked...he's out of his depth, nice fella, but ultimately hasn't delivered.

My choice...not Roy Keane....

Happily take the Barnsley fella who left yesterday...part of me wonders if we've tapped him up...
The fans choice is Super Kevin Phillips....but that's potentially going down the OGS route.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.