Blues guitar

I have enjoyed everyone's contribution here but especially Flyer's ability to hold a grudge against Glenn Hughes for 43 years. Very impressive - deserves a blues song itself.

Well I woke up this morning, is that bastard still alive?
Yeah I woke up this morning and said, is that bastard still alive?
With what he did with my favourite band
Made me wish the twat had died.

We'll have jelly and ice cream if I can keep this going for another 7 years.

I agree with OB1 about the album with Tommy Bolin called Come Taste the Band. A good album but not a DP album

Anyway back on topic.....................

Not in the same class as some mentioned but early 70s Francis Rossi, could possibly by some tenuous link be classed as having a small, barely perceptible head tilt towards the old 12 bar blues.

And Kossoff must get a nod.

Apart from the fact it’s a bootleg and the sound quality less than what you would wish for. The Roslyn ‘74 recording is nearly as good as the Irish Tour ‘74.
You get the whole audio in YouTube.
Here’s a sample.

Sorry!! Jimmy Hendrix for me is the best ever. Could do it all. Not only a great showman and singer, his technique which to this day is unmatched. Just ask anybody who can play how difficult it is to play his music as he played it. I don’t mean note by note. I mean the the notes in the way he played them.
His soul and ingenuity and this is the biggest thing for me..... his taste. Genius and still ahead of his time.

Hard to disagree about the man’s talent on guitar but I could never get into his voice. No doubting he was one of the best guitarists ever - way ahead of his time.

Does Gilmour count as a blues guitarist? He had a real blues feel to his playing and his solos were second to none

as a result of a recent trip to Ireland, I have reacquainted myself with that exceptional guitarist Rory Gallagher (they have just released a quadruple album of his work called Blues). My god he was just so good. So natural and a true great. I would put him up there with Clapton in terms of his feel for the blues, his technique is pretty amazing too. So who is the best ever? BB King? John Lee Hooker? Muddy Waters? Clapton? Gallagher? I’m talking blues here, not general rock. What do others think?

Clapton is a really good guitarist, but he's no blues player.

He plays the notes, but they're 'clean'; far too technical and no real emotional attachment. No sure why people think he plays the blues authentically as you can hear the difference in 'feeling' when he plays with real blues guitarists like Cray.

But, of course, beauty is in the ear of the listener...

Walter Trout was excellent last night in Bristol, the strat got a good workout especially around the 21/22 frets !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.