Help needed to stop me getting banned!!!

Of course some fans will have jumped the turnstiles - just not the 100' to 1000's mentioned above and as you said not the cause of what happened.
Utter bollocks. You were a home and away fam in the late '80s. If City had got to a semi final and it was played in Sheffield are you seriously telling me you wouldn't have seen 100s turning up without tickets? And getting in? You know they would. Same thing happened with Liverpool but everyone's too frightened to say it. There were 100s without tickets that day. As there were at countless "big" matches up and down the country for years up to that point and beyond. Naïve and mendacious bollocks to say otherwise.

I went in the Stoke final behind @eversince 76. Eric is about 5'-8" and I'm 6-2 so it's not as though I could hide behind him. I had a ticket but thought I'd try and jib in as the stewards supposedly monitoring those entering were busy chatting amongst themselves. We both went in on the same click of the turnstile and the stewards were oblivious. There were hundreds extra on the bottom tier behind the goal who jibbed in without a ticket though.

Utter bollocks. You were a home and away fam in the late '80s. If City had got to a semi final and it was played in Sheffield are you seriously telling me you wouldn't have seen 100s turning up without tickets? And getting in? You know they would. Same thing happened with Liverpool but everyone's too frightened to say it. There were 100s without tickets that day. As there were at countless "big" matches up and down the country for years up to that point and beyond. Naïve and mendacious bollocks to say otherwise.
Never had you down as someone who reads and believes everything in the tabloids jonny.

Of course it's not possible to say with 100% certainty but every available piece of impartial, quantitative evidence suggests that there was no significant discrepancy between the numbers in that part of the ground and the number of tickets sold, which were still available at Anfield up to the previous day or couple of days. That doesn't mean that no one took advantage of gate C being opened to jib in without a ticket. The operational plan for major events at Hillsborough included police cordons at intervals further up Leppings Lane checking tickets and regulating the crowd flow, to ensure that exactly what did happen didn't happen. Duckenfield, for whatever reason, ripped this plan up and was more concerned about events insdie the stadium than outside. So it's quite possible that anyone without a ticket could have got to the turnstiles unchallenged.

But the central issue is that whether it was 1 person, 100 people or even 1,000 who jibbed in, that itself wasn't the cause of the disaster. That was a function of poor signposting inside the stadium that didn't make it clear there were other pens to the side of the central ones where people died and the police failure to monitor the crowds inside the central pens and notice they were overcrowded well before that gate was opened. Had gate C been forced by thousands of ticketless fans, who then rushed into the central pen, you could then argue with some conviction that this was a significant contribution to the disaster. But the fact still remains that an effective police plan, the one that had been used on other occasions previously, could still have prevented this.

Your assumption that there must have been thousands of ticketless fans because "Well, everyone did that in those days" and imply it was a factor in those 96 deaths is rather strange for someone who will correct a misplaced comma yet is happy to still believe the big lie of The Sun, seemingly unquestioningly, and in the face of the best available evidence. Very bizarre.

I went in the Stoke final behind @eversince 76. Eric is about 5'-8" and I'm 6-2 so it's not as though I could hide behind him. I had a ticket but thought I'd try and jib in as the stewards supposedly monitoring those entering were busy chatting amongst themselves. We both went in on the same click of the turnstile and the stewards were oblivious. There were hundreds extra on the bottom tier behind the goal who jibbed in without a ticket though.

Well you are nothing more than a criminal, I hope the police track you down, arrest you and send you to prison. because of people like you there are people out of work, children going hungry and the economy in tatters. It is people like you who have blighted football for years, no wonder Bury went out of business and Donald Trump is in the White House.

Sorry I just thought I would save the righteous, the indignant, the holier than thou lot from having to post.

Well you are nothing more than a criminal, I hope the police track you down, arrest you and send you to prison. because of people like you there are people out of work, children going hungry and the economy in tatters. It is people like you who have blighted football for years, no wonder Bury went out of business and Donald Trump is in the White House.

Sorry I just thought I would save the righteous, the indignant, the holier than thou lot from having to post.

Plus you know BRM is being a good boy atm so cannot reply in any fashion denegrating your good self

Plus you know BRM is being a good boy atm so cannot reply in any fashion denegrating your good self

You see you are having a go at me again, just like your own thread where I tried to help, this one I am simply saving the goody goodies from posting as they have far more important things to do like saving the planet.

Racist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.