The most mental pub in Manchester?

What were the three in Hulme on Chester Road, The Pomana Palace, a Hydes pub ad one other ? They were pretty lively and you were always guaranteed to be able to get your wife/girlfriend a birthday present, even if it was a socket set.
I had my stag do in those pubs.

That would have been The Hope Inn mate, my mates mum and dad used to have it in the 70's and early 80's

That would have been The Hope Inn mate, my mates mum and dad used to have it in the 70's and early 80's

That's it cheers The Hope was the Hydes pub, The Pomona I think was Marstons and there was another one. I was married in March 1982 so I had my stag do there, it was Thursday night. I wonder if they remember me.
I also remember one of the landlords at the time was called Steve who took over the Bee Hive in the Moss (or the other way round !)

That's it cheers The Hope was the Hydes pub, The Pomona I think was Marstons and there was another one. I was married in March 1982 so I had my stag do there, it was Thursday night. I wonder if they remember me.
I also remember one of the landlords at the time was called Steve who took over the Bee Hive in the Moss (or the other way round !)

The Bulls head

The Bulls head

Right, correct except I was wrong, there wasn't three there was 5. The Bulls Head was the big one on the main road, a couple of doors down was The Hope, opposite was a stupid pub that I never went in, (The Turville ?). The 2 others I am thinking of are The Pomona Palace and I think The Railway further down Cornbrook Road. It was the Hope, Cornbrook and Railway I drank in.

Right, correct except I was wrong, there wasn't three there was 5. The Bulls Head was the big one on the main road, a couple of doors down was The Hope, opposite was a stupid pub that I never went in, (The Turville ?). The 2 others I am thinking of are The Pomona Palace and I think The Railway further down Cornbrook Road. It was the Hope, Cornbrook and Railway I drank in.

Was there one called the regiment or something like that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.