US diplomat wife flees UK after killing teen - not coming back

it’s an intelligence base and considered US soil and a special “arrangement” was made by our govt.

Something certainly special about it all. Homicide now exempt under this special arrangement, whether it is targeted assassination like with drones or being reckless in everyday life towards innocent civilians. Helluva world we live in

Can't imagine how tough it must be for his parents to hear that complete dismissal from Trump. Apparently it's hard to remember to drive on the right side of the road, so that's a free pass to kill people with your carelessness. Absolutely ridiculous

The Times asked the UK govt how many times we have been requested to revoke diplomatic status and what our response has been.

They refused to answer.

Wonder why a diplomat was based at an air station diplomats usualy at consulates or embassies. While they might have need to visit an air base the wife wouldnt .Wouldnt mind betting she and husband not bon afide diplomats
I believe it's the main communications hub for the USAF in Western Europe and probably has significant intelligence gathering capabilities as well. It's probably the military equivalent of the NSA's Menwith Hill intercept station in North Yorkshire, which is also laughingly described as an "RAF base".

Having said that, I've driven extensively in the USA and it's easy enough when you're on the road itself. The danger time is when you're pulling out of a petrol station or diner car park onto the road or just turning (particularly left turns) and your natural instinct is to go to the left hand side of the road. Happened to me a couple of times in Arizona and I saw a car heading towards me on a side road. This is a real tragedy but I can understand why it happened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49995867

Another sad twist to this story as Trumps note leaked that they wont be handing the killer of Harry Dunn back to the UK for charges.

What a disgrace all round and very sad for his family. His poor mother said she would of forgiven at the time but running she cannot accept.

Lets see if Raab has the stones to stand up and make a point about this or just roll over...
Not even remotely shocked. Raab won't do anything
The Times asked the UK govt how many times we have been requested to revoke diplomatic status and what our response has been.

They refused to answer.
Spineless, they're too scared of upsetting America in case we need a trade deal post brexit

Government are spineless. Too scared of a glorified reality tv host to get justice for their own citizens. Disgusting.

And to think we want to move away from Europe and even closer to the US.

American's have and always will think their lives are worth more than others.

Government are spineless. Too scared of a glorified reality tv host to get justice for their own citizens. Disgusting.
Horrible for the family of the deceased, but this will ultimately come down to what is more important to UK interests - justice or diplomatic relations with the US.

And to think we want to move away from Europe and even closer to the US.

American's have and always will think their lives are worth more than others.

Nothing to do with it, many many countries have used diplomatic immunity to shield their own citizens. I don't agree in the concept of it but it's there to protect foreign governmental workers sited in what we call bad countries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.