#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for some context, if Phil takes over David's role next season (so City don't buy a midfielder, and Phil gets some minutes this season to get more accustomed to the squad), then at 20 years old he will be a vital member of one of the best squads in the world.

That is enough for me to know the club has faith in Phil, I know everyone is getting pissed at him not playing, and if Pep/Khaldoon do buy another attacking midfielder then they are sabotaging his time here, but I think I've heard too much saying the opposite, his future is here. So I'm now relaxed about it.

Last edited:
Joe has got the pundit speak down, get him a gig with Sky, some City propaganda for a change.
Think he's at least considering media work post-retirement. Was a pundit on derby day a few months back and has been working on this podcast for a while now. Can definitely see him going down that path.

Last edited:
These words don’t really mean much until he actually gives him a chance. He seems to say things like that about Phil most weeks and then never plays him

These words don’t really mean much until he actually gives him a chance. He seems to say things like that about Phil most weeks and then never plays him

Perhaps there is a development plan in place for Phil, a plan whereby all parties know exactly what lies ahead in game time, bench time etc etc. I'm going out on a limb now, but what if Phil is actually aware of this plan and signed up to it?

Perhaps there is a development plan in place for Phil, a plan whereby all parties know exactly what lies ahead in game time, bench time etc etc. I'm going out on a limb now, but what if Phil is actually aware of this plan and signed up to it?

Foden's not daft. Even without those quotes from Pep, he knows that Merlin's time with us is sadly coming to an end and it's clear as night follows day that he is being groomed as Silva's successor so he just needs to bide his time that bit longer. Of course, it helps that he's a born and bred blue so he'll have the patience to stick it out, and when the time comes it will then be up to Phil to put in the level of performances to justify being a first-choice starter.

All these so-called pundits screaming that he needs regular game time now forget that he's still only 19, and is an integral part of the first-team squad anyway. Saint Harry Kane was almost 21 when he made his first Pemier League start for Tottenham ffs!

Those quotes are great, but worth noting that they're from that new book so they could be quite old. At oldest, December last year when Foden signed. Hopefully they're recent though as the David Silva bit implies it was post Silva's announcement, which was in June. He could just have been talking generally though re Silva. Either way, nice words.

There’s nothing to say we won’t still go out and spend a shit load on a midfielder to replace Dave.

Excuse me for being a hard-bitten old cynic but I set actions before PR speak. It may partly depend on how long Pep plans to stay in Mcr.

There’s a good chance I am wrong and I hope I am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.