Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manu Garcia might've been the best player in the first half, stroked a shot home from outside the box on the turn. 1-0
Head tennis started in the box after a German corner - a bad Spanish header gifted Germany the draw at halftime. 1-1
EG looked like EG, solid and steady - breaking the lines with mid-ranged passes like usual. Goal wasn't his fault.

Ended 1-1. EG might've been the only Spanish player to go the full 90.

The bad - Germany had 2 corners, IIRC, in the 1st half. EG found himself face down on the turf at the top of the box as the ball sailed in both times.

The good - EG seemed to be incorporating the dark arts lots more than I've seen him do before. Nothing nasty, but lotsa shoves and grabs and hip bumps when he found himself isolated on the striker when the ball was at a distance. Loved it, never let the striker find his balance or rhythm, keep them bogged down having to fight thru your constant pestering. He totally ran the line at the back. Looked at home in the U21s fo sho.

It's a long season and Foden literally has to start games during the festive period so I'm calm about his situation. However, there has to be a discussion in regards to Guardiola and youth development; we played two central defensive midfielders at CB instead of Garcia which has to make a statement regarding his own future at the club and how much trust Guardiola has on him and our youth as a whole.
He has played once in the cup,throwing him into a difficult away game with no other cb to lead him,really just really

He has played once in the cup,throwing him into a difficult away game with no other cb to lead him,really just really

It's a difficult away game but surely it must be harder to adjust to a new position (Rodri) than to play in your natural position. Regardless, Garcia now knows that he is behind Rodri and Fernandinho in the pecking order so it says everything about Pep's 'trust'.

It's a difficult away game but surely it must be harder to adjust to a new position (Rodri) than to play in your natural position. Regardless, Garcia now knows that he is behind Rodri and Fernandinho in the pecking order so it says everything about Pep's 'trust'.

do you honestly believe Garcia is expecting to play premier league at this stage in his career..I’m sure he is more than happy where he is at

Don't be a drama queen,he is a wet behind the ears kid

do you honestly believe Garcia is expecting to play premier league at this stage in his career..I’m sure he is more than happy where he is at

I rate Garcia, I think he’s a really good footballer. He’s impressed me every time he’s played for us. But in them few games there’s been moments when I’ve thought in the league he’d maybe get caught out for not being physically up to it at this stage in his career.

So is Stones mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.