Petrol and diesel car targets

We had better get building those power stations then to provide all that electricity for these electric cars.Oh wait we cant use coal tho cos thats a dirty fuel, never mind we can use nuclear power instead ,oh hang on thats not so clean either ,and both these fuels will have the protesters up in arms and the NIMBYs out as well. Hang on though we have wind energy hurray for green fuel, just have to build all those windmills all over the country and the coastline now job done ! whats that you dont want a massive windmill blocking your view from your house, and blighting the countryside and the coastlines of the UK. Ok so whats the answer then Mr Protester? Ah you dont actually have an answer apart from un-invent the modern world .

Your answer sounds a lot better. Oh, wait a minute...

You're being incredibly unimaginative. Consider that technology advances exponentially, meaning it's not unrealistic to consider we can make greener energy more efficient. We can decrease the damage caused by fossil fuels and so on. Just because something isn't perfect now doesn't mean it won't improve and look how far green energy has come considering the fossil fuel industry has had over 100 years head-start + trillions more £s invested into it.

No-one likes those wind turbines, but we might make them more efficient and eventually require fewer.

We're an Island with huge potential for tidal power schemes.

Every roof in the country has potential to provide solar power.

I don't want to 'uninvent the modern world', in-fact I want to progress the modernisation of the planet. The modern world is one that NEEDS to move forward, not backwards.
Well then you better get inventing cos to build the future world we are going to need an awful lot of electricity in the meantime to be able to make the breakthroughs you want.

The cost of offshore Windpower is coming down all the time. It is now considerably cheaper than new nuclear and doesn't need any subsidy.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/20/new-windfarms-taxpayers-subsidies-record-low

Onshore wind is even cheaper, but there is effectively a moratorium in the shires of England due to pressure by nimbies.
There is plenty of scope to increase wind energy production in parts of England if the will was there.

Onshore wind is still being developed enthusiastically in parts of Scotland: I am currently involved with four different schemes in different areas of Scotland.

The Accident Lawyers will have a field when it happens, all those extension leads running across pavements and roads, stretched across gardens as people try to charge their cars.

In my line of work I drive a lot of electric vehicles and I deal with lots of people that drive them, education is the thing. Last week I was dealing with a couple of guys who's lease was up on their two BMW 330e in the three years they had them they had never used the electrical side of the car, always using the engine instead . The thing is they are not unusual, it's mostly the norm , now I know this is a hybrid vehicle and not a full electric car but most of these type of cars get bought because of the tax angle and not because it's better for the environment, until hybrid and electrical cars are dirt cheap and sold en masse instead of being aimed at the upper end of the market it's always going to be hard to get change .

Even if we got electric cars tomorrow how are we going to charge them all when there are still huge swathes of terraced houses where you struggle to park outside your own house ?

Also how is the government going to make up the shortfall from lost road tax money ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.