Manchester Arndale Multiple Stabbing Incident

I know, I'm the same as you I don't feel threatened or scared. In the 80s I felt scared because it was a shithole, but all the developments and investment in the centre, they have done a great job
Feel relaxed walking around town. There's random nutters. Look at the Mental Pub thread for mancunian happy memories of how crazy things were in the 70s/80s.

avoided it all by 15 mins and I hope and pray there are no serious life changing injuries to the victims, a life ending one for the culprit if sane wouldn’t go amiss mind as for the debate about Manchester it is by far no worse or no better when it comes to being dangerous than any major city in the Uk or plenty in Europe for that matter it’s got issues with litter and the homeless but it’s still a sound place to live.

Makes you pretty fucking pleased we don't have access to guns here, there is so little you can do to stop random attacks. Hopefully everyone pulls through
Gun crime occurs on a daily basis in and around “here,” so I’m not sure who the “we” refers to? The victims of such crimes?!

I'm just quoting what iv read, I don't think it's as bad as your making out, as for saying million £ houses it's all relevant, if you can't see that well that's your problem.

I just found it odd that you thought Zurich was some sort of financially unobtainable place to live, but then started offering up the fact Manchester had sold x amount of million £ houses as some sort of antidote to Manchester having the highest murder rate in the U.K.

Manchester’s air quality is pretty much the worst in the U.K. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-43964341

Manchester’s murder rate is the highest per capita in the U.K. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news...-just-how-bad-is-londons-murder-rate-11315585

Manchester always in and around the worst places for drink and drug abuse, and the inevitable secondary issues that result from that, such as alcohol related violence and domestic abuse https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....lcohol-problems-interactive-tool-12301446.amp

Then there’s the stuff that you see from just walking about the place and just living here.

Homelessness, it’s dirty, transport issues, poor infrastructure, etc

And you’re telling me you can think of NOWHERE better to live?
I love this city. There’s so many good things to and see, and some nice areas to live here. However...

...bar a few new build or redeveloped areas of the city centre and a few areas across the conurbation: everywhere seems dirty, littered or fly tipped on, or the roads and pavements are awful to drive/cycle/walk on. Far far far too many of the citizens do not look after their homes and loads of places look rougher than they should. Congestion is a real issue on the roads and public transport all ends up on the congested roads at some point. There is very little off-road public transport, we’re crying out for an underground/monorail (even if just through the city centre). I think there’s a serious obesity problem with the citizens of this city too, every third person you walk past is a fat ****!

And as you say, pollution, murder rates, drug abuse, homelessness etc. are all pretty much the worst per head of population of anywhere in this island.

As much as I love the place and love doing loads of good things here, I don’t think I could be more frustrated with it if I tried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.