advice needed with virgin media

I’ve had issues with the same thing.

Coming to the end of the deal with sports and cinema channels so I cancelled them as I didn’t want to pay the extra when the deal was up.

They emailed me saying my bill would go down to £57/month but took our £92 in the first month.

Where they got £92 from I’ll never know neither. Just made up! My bill was £72, if I’d kept the cinema and sports channels it would have been £106. Where did £92 come from when they said £57 in the email.

They have the fastest broadband but they’re terrible to deal with. They’re inconsistent with what they say from one person to another, they lie to you on the phone, and they pretend to not understand you when you have a complaint.

Virgin are dodgy as fuck!

Was with virgin for years since it was cable and wireless because broadband speeds were so much better than any one else

Got pissed off with customer service and wrong bills even went to offices in Wythenshawe so eventually fucked them off and went with BT

BT have improved massively and had no issues with broadband, yes speeds are lower but 69mbps is more than enough for me

Log everything carefully including name of person spoken to and date and time of call.
Copy all emails.
If you need to take this to the ombudsman you will have all the evidence you need.
I had a dispute with them that I escalated to the ombudsman and won.

Log everything carefully including name of person spoken to and date and time of call.
Copy all emails.
If you need to take this to the ombudsman you will have all the evidence you need.
I had a dispute with them that I escalated to the ombudsman and won.

You don't even need to do that, just request a DSAR and it is all there for you anyway. You go to the ADR after you have followed the complaints process.

Offshoring everything and anything is the real problem for a lot of these places, First Direct have kept all their centres onshore and look at how well regarded their customer service is.

They talk out of their arse, when I signed up in my first bill they took 2 months, I rang up and asked why and they say that is how it works, so my reply was so I don't pay next month then, and only have to pay 10 months as you have already had 2 months, they tried to baffle me with pro-rata shit, they try and baffle you with shit, as soon as the contract ends I will be gone

I am on a rolling contract with them so if not sorted by Monday, I will cancel virgin and fuck the £169
I have sent them a email what some1 on here give me, thanks to scottyboi for that so I hope it goes well, even try and get a better deal with all this pissing about

Not had any problems with payments, but the software and the hardware are rubbish. Back to Sky in Jan when my promotional prices come to an end

Was with virgin for years since it was cable and wireless because broadband speeds were so much better than any one else

Got pissed off with customer service and wrong bills even went to offices in Wythenshawe so eventually fucked them off and went with BT

BT have improved massively and had no issues with broadband, yes speeds are lower but 69mbps is more than enough for me
I never got though to anyone in Wythenshawe, I always ended up on the phone to someone in India. I could understand them perfectly well and it wasn’t like I was speaking quickly or using a broad Mancunian dialect, but more than once I was told that they couldn’t understand me when I rang to complain.

I could have walked to the Virgin offices in Baguley from mine to get it sorted out better.

I never got though to anyone in Wythenshawe, I always ended up on the phone to someone in India. I could understand them perfectly well and it wasn’t like I was speaking quickly or using a broad Mancunian dialect, but more than once I was told that they couldn’t understand me when I rang to complain.

I could have walked to the Virgin offices in Baguley from mine to get it sorted out better.

Thankfully I have a number saved for Wythenshawe,were they put me through to Sheffield,when you discuss a new deal / contract which I did back in August,with a Yorkshireman,(slightly easier than an agent from Delhi).

Problem now is since I renewed,which was straightforward,the twats have increased my bill an extra £4.50 per month,so I've put a complaint in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.