Car replacement advice

I'm in the same boat, have had a Renault Megane 2 for the last 10 years which just keeps going and going, best car I've ever owned and I'll be sorry to see it go but needs must I suppose, it''s 13 years old now and lost that shake in it's ass.

I'm in the same boat, have had a Renault Megane 2 for the last 10 years which just keeps going and going, best car I've ever owned and I'll be sorry to see it go but needs must I suppose, it''s 13 years old now and lost that shake in it's ass.

I have had an £800 Scenic 2 on a 56 plate for 7 months and no issues - oh and just short of 100k miles - depends on your luck and diligence when buying I guess. Not an exciting car of course but feels more modern after a Picasso of similar age - I got 30k miles in 14 months out of that one though - cracking car.

I am looking to replace my Renault Scenic (no piss taking) . It has been a great car loaded with loads of extras- satnav. auto lights/wipers. A/c. Keyless etc. I am looking to spend about 13k cash for similar spec. Any suggestions?

Is it just me who thinks all of them extra features are pointless other than AC?

AC you can use to cool yourself down in the summer or demist the windscreen in the winter. Satnav you can just use your phone or a dedicated one. Then the other things take a few seconds to activate manually.

Would you not want things like a safer, more economical car etc more?

Is it just me who thinks all of them extra features are pointless other than AC?

AC you can use to cool yourself down in the summer or demist the windscreen in the winter. Satnav you can just use your phone or a dedicated one. Then the other things take a few seconds to activate manually.

Something safer? The Scenic has a 5 star safety rating and averages 45 mpg. It is also loaded with extras but is pretty shit to drive. Why would I want less than I've got? What car do you suggest with my limited budget?

Sorry mate but heated seats and ** ball massager are absolutely essential.

(** Unless you have a chauffeur.)

Renault make awful cars, I had one that was falling to bits at 80k miles. I think you need to have a seriouse look at this:-

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw/2008-bmw-635d-3.0-diesel-m-sport-auto-convertible-/1355032660

I just bought a 3 series m sport 3 litre engine it's a fucking dream to drive. 11 year old full auto and a top spec only cost 5 grand. Will never go back now I look forward to driving it all the time.

High maintenance but I've done the full service myself so saves me a few bob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.