Keeping things in house

Just watched it. I think you’re clutching at straws to be honest. He says “[i’m still learning] when to make tactic foul.” Obviously he meant “tactical” foul, but his command of English isn’t as good as (most) English people.
Tactical foul is the new "take one for the team"... there is nothing new about it, at all. As if every team we play doesn't attempt fouls when we try and spring a counter on them. On the odd occasions they do pile forward and leave themselves exposed.

Tactical foul is the new "take one for the team"... there is nothing new about it, at all. As if every team we play doesn't attempt fouls when we try and spring a counter on them. On the odd occasions they do pile forward and leave themselves exposed.

" Taking one for the team " is a ploy much appreciated by the hypocritical football " pundits " who infest our tv screens , unless of course City employ the tactic, when it becomes the most disgraceful and heinous crime that a team can adopt apart from rags, dippers , spurs et al .

I truly love our media .

" Taking one for the team " is a ploy much appreciated by the hypocritical football " pundits " who infest our tv screens , unless of course City employ the tactic, when it becomes the most disgraceful and heinous crime that a team can adopt apart from rags, dippers , spurs et al .

I truly love our media .
Even the BBC seem to have conceded what I'm saying(surprisingly), it's just none of the Scousers(lets be honest it's mainly them "it's not fair, it's our perch la" morons) care to look or comprehend it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49371002
The idea of the tactical foul is straightforward - if you give the ball away deep in the opponent's half, foul someone quickly and stop a counter-attack before it even begins.

I'm not disputing that it's better to have our midfielders risk picking up cards before our defenders do, that's common sense isn't it? The problem is they want to make out what City do is new and every foul is a tactical one. There is only one situation where City would have to make an immediate foul, that's when the ball is lost in an area we can't afford to( anywhere close to the half way line when our high line has pushed up). All teams will attempt the same, it's not always possible though.

As I said, if the counter isn't on because our press is working, then that's not a tactical foul. Are they saying we are not allowed to attempt tackles now? Half of the ones given against us in those situations, we would never be given ourselves. Their players go down as a plea to the ref sometimes, to give them a break from the pressure.

They are obviously trying to hamper us and hoping to put doubt in the players heads, to affect our pressing game, which is an important aspect of our system.

Last edited:
Fernandinho was booked for a number of fouls.
Do you know how many? I'm only asking as the more fouls he committed, the other 4 bookings were for the remaining ones. For example, 4 fouls means that the other 4 players commit 7, i.e, less than 2 each. Wolves committed 14, with only 2 bookings, despite more than 2 "tactical fouls" made.
If it was a 1 off, it could be an aberration, but there seems to be a pattern emerging in that the more possession we have, the more bookings we seem to accumulate more than our opponents. Strange, isn't it?
I still have memories of the FA Cup semi-final v Arsenal with this clown in charge. One of the most bent "refereeing" displays I've seen for many a day.

Seems to me it doesn't matter if we keep it in house or not. Yeah it's like an admission but the media have already tried and convicted us. Opposition fans already BELIEVED we do it.

It doesn't really matter tbh.

Seems to me it doesn't matter if we keep it in house or not. Yeah it's like an admission but the media have already tried and convicted us. Opposition fans already BELIEVED we do it.

It doesn't really matter tbh.
5 bookings in 1 game! it matters because it's been put tn the refs heads

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.