Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

In the political section of Off topic we have a fair few posters who state that this, that and the other should be returned to state control, buses, trains etc. Manchester airport is owned and run by the councils of Greater Manchester so effectively state run. It is awful, the passport section is a joke, security staff are rude and a joke. Terminal 3 has to be the smallest terminal in the world for a so called major airport and the transport issues are a disgrace. If this is what state control means I am glad buses and trains are not owned by Gtr M/cr councils as they would stop running tomorrow.

Not just that it’s absolutely fucking filthy. Look around the last time the floor was mopped was in the 70s

Not just that it’s absolutely fucking filthy. Look around the last time the floor was mopped was in the 70s

Thanks to City and going to cities with Mrs Mist I have wandered round loads of airports in Europe, from little ones like Carcasonne to the biggies Madrid. Whenever you leave these lovely places you do not see queues, litter/dirt/mess. The staff are very pleasant and it is a doddle to pass through. Manchester on the other hand is a joke. If you are going to put in Express Security Lanes and charge a fiver you need to ensure you have queues in the normal lines to make some money and boy do they make sure people will pay the £5.

Thanks to City and going to cities with Mrs Mist I have wandered round loads of airports in Europe, from little ones like Carcasonne to the biggies Madrid. Whenever you leave these lovely places you do not see queues, litter/dirt/mess. The staff are very pleasant and it is a doddle to pass through. Manchester on the other hand is a joke. If you are going to put in Express Security Lanes and charge a fiver you need to ensure you have queues in the normal lines to make some money and boy do they make sure people will pay the £5.

It’s Stretford arndale with a runway.

Shithole

Arrived at Manchester after a comfortable flight taking 8 hours and forty minutes with an assisting tail wind of 85mph that whisked us safely along the eastern seaboard majestically crossing goose bay before finally descending down through heavy cumulas to the lowest boughs and brushwood sheaf and around the elm-tree bole and tiny leaf and whilst chaffinch sings on that orchard bough ...back In England—now ! .. sniff . ...

Then it all transformed into utter dog shit and madcap mayhem as we taxied to the new terminal 2 at Ringway International home to the weary traveler whose sole purpose in life was to offer us all respite and a helping hand from the drudgery and shackles of international jet set travel .. We landed and were kept on the aircraft as the new terminal two did not have an available walkway and it was lashing it down. So they sent for some steps to get us off and they came back with steps that were not big enough for the aircraft typo so they had to manually adjust them. Then the captain said he apologized for the further delay and we would not be having steps for the rear of the plane as the brand new terminal 2 does not accommodate rear steps so all in all it took forty minutes before we climbed down into weather most foul and I only had on my bart simpson shorts muscle t shirt and flip flops and got soaked. But that's not all because the fun was only just beginning as we commenced our 12 minute walk of shame to passport control. After a long walk we all stopped at the point were it said 2 more minutes to control. A few early morning flights had crippled this new terminal and we were informed we would be "processed" in approximately 30 minutes and the airport staff were taking some flak. One assistant said we should be patient as when this new terminal is finished in April it will make all our lives way more easier. "So why are we using the facilities of an airport whose terminal is not yet ready for traffic" quipped one errant traveler and a fair question to ask in my humble opinion. Landed at 07.16 and got to our car on jet-parks at 09.20 ..good grief and not the home welcoming I had envisaged after all night travel. We was not after pomp ceremony and water cannons fired over bow in homage and salute but just a little basic customer care and service after a hard days commute ..Apologies for the rant and unfortunately it is what it is.

Caught a flight from T3 last Friday. Took me 17 minutes from being getting out the taxi to being sat in the departure lounge.
On return I breezed through once again.
No complaints from me regarding T3.

• In the political section of Off topic we have a fair few posters who state that this, that and the other should be returned to state control, buses, trains etc. Manchester airport is owned and run by the councils of Greater Manchester so effectively state run. It is awful, the passport section is a joke, security staff are rude and a joke. Terminal 3 has to be the smallest terminal in the world for a so called major airport and the transport issues are a disgrace. If this is what state control means I am glad buses and trains are not owned by Gtr M/cr councils as they would stop running tomorrow.
    IFM ,Australian Investors purchased a 35.5% share in 2012 .

Arrived at Manchester after a comfortable flight taking 8 hours and forty minutes with an assisting tail wind of 85mph that whisked us safely along the eastern seaboard majestically crossing goose bay before finally descending down through heavy cumulas to the lowest boughs and brushwood sheaf and around the elm-tree bole and tiny leaf and whilst chaffinch sings on that orchard bough ...back In England—now ! .. sniff . ...

Then it all transformed into utter dog shit and madcap mayhem as we taxied to the new terminal 2 at Ringway International home to the weary traveler whose sole purpose in life was to offer us all respite and a helping hand from the drudgery and shackles of international jet set travel .. We landed and were kept on the aircraft as the new terminal two did not have an available walkway and it was lashing it down. So they sent for some steps to get us off and they came back with steps that were not big enough for the aircraft typo so they had to manually adjust them. Then the captain said he apologized for the further delay and we would not be having steps for the rear of the plane as the brand new terminal 2 does not accommodate rear steps so all in all it took forty minutes before we climbed down into weather most foul and I only had on my bart simpson shorts muscle t shirt and flip flops and got soaked. But that's not all because the fun was only just beginning as we commenced our 12 minute walk of shame to passport control. After a long walk we all stopped at the point were it said 2 more minutes to control. A few early morning flights had crippled this new terminal and we were informed we would be "processed" in approximately 30 minutes and the airport staff were taking some flak. One assistant said we should be patient as when this new terminal is finished in April it will make all our lives way more easier. "So why are we using the facilities of an airport whose terminal is not yet ready for traffic" quipped one errant traveler and a fair question to ask in my humble opinion. Landed at 07.16 and got to our car on jet-parks at 09.20 ..good grief and not the home welcoming I had envisaged after all night travel. We was not after pomp ceremony and water cannons fired over bow in homage and salute but just a little basic customer care and service after a hard days commute ..Apologies for the rant and unfortunately it is what it is.
The airbridge on 110 is faulty and due to the ongoing works and derelict thomas cook aircraft, there are not many available stands to accommodate for wide bodied aircraft. Particularly at 7.15am

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.