Euro Qualifiers - Bulgaria v England halted twice due to racist fans

He only really gets good results against weaker teams though. As soon as England come up against a half decent side, they struggle.

beaten Switzerland, Spain (3-2 away) Czech Rep (5-0), Croatia , Sweden, Columbia, Holland in the last few years under Southgate and a lot of good results against some teams that just get dismissed as ‘crap’ - international football is not easy, some major nations have not even qualified for tournaments in recent years.

Mate that post makes no sense at all, the ethipiopian Marathon runner is against people from his own country, and foden is up against people from his own country, you can't mix and match
The point was that Foden is up against the best people on the planet to get in the city team whereas for the England team he’s up against shite

beaten Switzerland, Spain (3-2 away) Czech Rep (5-0), Croatia , Sweden, Columbia, Holland in the last few years under Southgate and a lot of good results against some teams that just get dismissed as ‘crap’ - international football is not easy, some major nations have not even qualified for tournaments in recent years.
Columbia was a draw. Holland was a friendly. When we played Croatia and Holland when it actually mattered, we lost. Classifying Sweden as a "good team" is a bit of a stretch.

So we smashed some rubbish teams, had some good results against decent teams in meaningless matches, lost when it mattered and got pummeled twice by the only legitimately good team we've met in that period (Belgium). Beating Spain away is really the only standout result otherwise it's pure mediocrity.

Let's be honest, This England team is poor! Really poor! But the thing is it's not only England, International football in general is complete and utter dogshit.
France obviously the best of a bad bunch.

What I'm really trying to say is 'International football is shite'.

Let's be honest, This England team is poor! Really poor! But the thing is it's not only England, International football in general is complete and utter dogshit.

The Dutch young un's are worth watching.

I don't know many people who enjoy International football. You hardly ever see a good game and even the so called top sides usually play badly. For the top six premier league sides who provide most of the players it just disrupts their preparations and they are on pins in case of injuries.

I think fan's of lower league clubs like them as they hope for some reflected glory if they do well, though in England's case that rarely happens. It is also a trip abroad and unfortunately like tonight a chance to run amok.

I wish they would scrap them but it will never happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.