Ali Benarbia's debut.

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
I missed the Birmingham game as I was stuck in Florida after 9/11 but I went to Sheffield Wednesday a few days later and he was incredible. Top 3 away games of all time.

Stuart Pearce said ignore how good of a footballer he was, he was an exceptional human too, signed a contract extension and felt he could no longer do it and was a hinderance to the team so he went to Keegan ripped his contract up and said I’m off - didn’t want to take the money just walked out.

Some player though, right up there with Gio and Berkovic for technically the best I’ve seen before the take over

Apologies if I upset some folk by posting a comment on the spelling of "Benarbia".

It was merely a facetious comment which came across as pedantic and pompous. I shall don sackcloth and ashes and publicly flagellate myself (metaphorically).

Scarcely worth starting World War Three over. My sense of humour is sometimes misinterpreted, I must confess.

I remember the going to the game and reading a match report the next day which basically said City have just signed the guy who is going to get them promoted; I had to agree with whichever journo wrote it.

Apologies if I upset some folk by posting a comment on the spelling of "Benarbia".

It was merely a facetious comment which came across as pedantic and pompous. I shall don sackcloth and ashes and publicly flagellate myself (metaphorically).

Scarcely worth starting World War Three over. My sense of humour is sometimes misinterpreted, I must confess.
You should endure literal flagellation.

What made the debut even more impressive was that Ali B had to quickly nip home (Paris I think) to get his boots and stuff, and flew back to the UK on the morning of the game. Straight off the plane and then onto the stadium, and put on that performance!

One of the best assists of all time. Never understood how he got it off the floor

I can confirm this comment to be correct - at least my attempt at replication never worked at Hough End in the Saturday Morning League

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.