Crystal Palace (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Crystal Palace (A) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, how many Liverpool players would you swap one of ours for? I can honestly say I'd only have van Dijk and maybe Robertson, but that's only because of Mendy's fitness issues.

Seriously we are better than them in every position for the first XI. The issue this season has been the injuries; both first choice centre backs, then KDB missing, not to mention Leroy.

If the scousers had been missing vD, Gomez, Firmino and Mane they wouldn't be 8 points clear. Once we get our injured players back, and Liverpool start to have players missing later in the season we'll claw back this deficit and overtake them, because we're that good!
If my auntie had bollocks.....

And Mane would walk into our team.

If we play a midfield three of Rodri, Gundogan and Silva we will struggle. Hopefully De Bruyne will be fit.
Bernie instead of David or Gundog would be fantastic. Against wolves there was no movement in the middle off the ball.

Palace could easily be a banana skin. We badly need KDB back - for his urgency / desire to win, as much as his amazing assists.

But before we're too hard on this City team, let's not forget that Liverpool have been very lucky ... should/could have drawn their last 3 games ... then the gap would only be 2 points and everything would feel different.

They've not been as completely dominant as their long winning run would suggest, and surely their luck must run out at some point ?

We need that ... and for City's injury problems to clear up ... and we need to stay close enough to Liverpool that Laporte and/or Sane can help close the gap when (perhaps 'if' in Sane's case) they return.

Palace could easily be a banana skin. We badly need KDB back - for his urgency / desire to win, as much as his amazing assists.

But before we're too hard on this City team, let's not forget that Liverpool have been very lucky ... should/could have drawn their last 3 games ... then the gap would only be 2 points and everything would feel different.

They've not been as completely dominant as their long winning run would suggest, and surely their luck must run out at some point ?

We need that ... and for City's injury problems to clear up ... and we need to stay close enough to Liverpool that Laporte and/or Sane can help close the gap when (perhaps 'if' in Sane's case) they return.
Totally agree with this, even though the press & pundits would say otherwise

If my auntie had bollocks.....

And Mane would walk into our team.

Fully agree...Mane at present is far better than Jesus, Sane and Mahrez - more consistent that GJ and can play a variety of positions unlike Sane and Mahrez
Firmino would also get in out team - he would be a squad player but he would get game time

Id have the vast marotiy of their back four over ours - Laporte and Walker (cannt judge cancello at present) would be the only two id have over their back four and if you flip it around they are the only two that would probably get into liverpools back 4 (and only Laporte regulalry)

Where we absolutely outclass liverpool is when it comes to the likes of KDB, the two silvas and Aguero (along with Laporte and Ederson - for the way we want to play)

As for the palace game -as others have said -play that same midfield with gundogan in there and we will get over run again...they will swarm Rodri as Gundogan gives zero support. Bernie needs to start as well.

A tricky one...We need to win ,which will not be ez.I think this game will decide our premier season,even tho we're only in October ,cant afford to lose anymore games...I would seriously consider Garcia with Ferny for CB'S...maybe bring Stones on later ,If needed,to get him up to speed. Roy Hodgson might just have PEPS number...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.