Euro Qualifiers - Bulgaria v England halted twice due to racist fans

International football used to be the pinnacle of the sport but no longer. The top club sides would hammer all but a few of the international ones.
Imagine Raheem Sterling, playing for England must be like playing Sunday League compared to a role in the City team.
I kept a weather eye on the game by turning over during the advert breaks during ‘Bake Off - An Extra Slice’ and ‘Gogglebox’ (yes, that’s how far my interest in England has fallen! my younger self would be amazed/appalled, but hey ho..!)

The state of the England team and the way the print/tv media deals with the mediocre levels of performance that it serves up in games like last night’s were, for me, encapsulated in the couple of minutes I saw when I switched over towards the end of the first half.

Raheem lost his marker on the half-way line to receive a pass, turned, sprinted to the Czech goal taking the four men defending with him, then released Trippier into the space he’d created on the right. Kane and others got into the box awaiting the cross but Trippier, under no pressure, fluffed the chance, almost passing the ball to the Czech fullback rushing to cover the front post. Immediately, Glenn Hoddle claimed it was ‘a great interception by the defender’

I don’t doubt for one second that, had it been Walker responsible for that ‘cross’, he’d have been pilloried for it. I know it can happen to the best of players but that was a shocking waste, summing up the lack of technique of so many English lads. And all the while the media cheer on their particular favourites from the so-called ‘Big Clubs with History’, refusing to take them to task when they don’t step up to the mark.

Any road up, I’ve still got ‘Gardener’s World’ to watch on catch-up.. and roll on City’s next game..

Happy for him to be left out of the shite England set-up .

Better he is fresh for City than fucking about with the wasters in Southgate's squad. Two sets of frauds combined.

Wouldn’t it be a lift for him to make the senior side? A counterpoint to his, erm, controlled progression at City?

When you say “kept fresh”, does that mean fresh for the bench?

Does any right minded person think Henderson, Rice or Mount are better than Foden?
The 4th best Ethiopian can’t get in their marathon team but it doesn’t mean they’re not better than the best English marathon runner!
Foden currently isn’t playing any football of any note. He only came on as a sub against Preston, so I there’s no way he’s going to get picked for England.

Meanwhile Madison is playing very well every week in the Prem and he doesn’t even get in the England team.

When you play a genuine attacking mid like Mount and a genuine defensive mid like Rice, your third midfield needs to either be a quality deep playmaker (De Bruyne type) or a box-to-box beast who can run the midfield (Yaya) it can't be a Gundo/Henderson.

I’m scratching my head to think which tree the Yaya and KDB clones will be plucked from.

No way was I going to watch the game live, I watched the highlights instead. I don't think Henderson passed the ball forward once all night. Every single time he had the ball at his feet it went sideways or backwards. Which begs the question, why the fuck is he on the pitch to begin with? If he makes zero contribution why pick him?

Oh, and Danny Rose is not even Championship standard.

I know it would upset the players concerned but I would be very happy to see all City players excluded from the England set-up .

That way they wouldn't be infected by the dross who are normally included in the squads ie Henderson, Rose , rag super stars et al .

I'm sure this wont meet the approval of everybody, and just like not winning the EC, I want City to dominate the PL for as long as possible and piss poor international games get in the way of that objective imo .

Last edited:
I'm sure this wont meet the approval of everybody, and just like not winning the EC, I want City to dominate the PL for as long as possible and piss poor international games get in the way of that objective imo .

Agreed. I'm envious of the Jocks in that respect: they seldom qualify for anything so their main players have only their respective clubs to stay fit for - the odd mismatch against the San Marino U12 reserves notwithstanding.

Getting an England cap nowadays Is a bit like the New Year Honours list, it meant something many years ago but is now seen as an irrelevance, a pointless charade in which someone you've never heard of wins an MBE and/or is selected to play for the national side.
Years ago people like Sir Edmund Hillary or Chay Blythe were recognised for their achievements and rewarded accordingly. Nowadays some actress from Emmerdale is likely to receive a CBE or something. I'm just waiting for Jedward to be given honorary knighthoods.

When Tom Cleverly receives as many international caps as he has then you know the system is flawed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.