Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

However the FA are involved here, so any logical and honest way of looking at things go completely out of the equasion .
There have to even be limits to their mental gymnastics. If you’re bent, surely you’re only going to stay in the business of being bent by knowing what you can and can’t get away with? As I’ve said, I believe it to be in unsustainable argument. I’m sure the FA will been advised on numerous occasions against making unsustainable arguments.

If they do this, they are leaving themselves wide open.

There have to even be limits to their mental gymnastics. If you’re bent, surely you’re only going to stay in the business of being bent by knowing what you can and can’t get away with? As I’ve said, I believe it to be in unsustainable argument. I’m sure the FA will been advised on numerous occasions against making unsustainable arguments.

If they do this, they are leaving themselves wide open.

I get that but these cnuts appear to be charging headlong into finding ways to fuck us over , because they can .

Seriously why would any sensible organisation bring a charge against Bernardo for that tweet ?

I get that but these cnuts appear to be charging headlong into finding ways to fuck us over , because they can .

Seriously why would any sensible organisation bring a charge against Bernardo for that tweet ?
Because I don’t think they had any choice; the court of public opinion, and the emphasis on ‘kicking it out’ are such, that the FA had no meaningful choice but to charge Bernardo imo. They would have been crucified if they hadn’t.

You do all realise that a 16 year old kid gets a 2 week ban during the international break, it doesn’t really affect the dippers first team planning. By the time of the hearing and then after a few days to think Bernardo gets slapped with the same 14 day ban he misses important games. FA claim they are acting in an unbiased way etc etc. It’s a stitch up and I hope common sense prevails. If found guilty and banned then the FA are essentially saying that even if the person the tweet is about isn’t offended, if in the eyes of anyone a tweet is offensive then a player can be charged and banned. Slippery slope. I expect nothing more than a slap on the wrist and if it is any worse lawyers will be all over it

You do all realise that a 16 year old kid gets a 2 week ban during the international break, it doesn’t really affect the dippers first team planning. By the time of the hearing and then after a few days to think Bernardo gets slapped with the same 14 day ban he misses important games. FA claim they are acting in an unbiased way etc etc. It’s a stitch up and I hope common sense prevails. If found guilty and banned then the FA are essentially saying that even if the person the tweet is about isn’t offended, if in the eyes of anyone a tweet is offensive then a player can be charged and banned. Slippery slope. I expect nothing more than a slap on the wrist and if it is any worse lawyers will be all over it

Exactly. It’s a meaningless ban in that he misses nothing! It’s been done do that they can use it as a precedence to give the same to Bernardo - but at a time when it will have a huge significance.
If that transpires to be the case I seriously hope we appeal. Unlike the dipper kid, Bernardo has support from all areas - not that I think the corrupt FA will give a toss.

Exactly. It’s a meaningless ban in that he misses nothing! It’s been done do that they can use it as a precedence to give the same to Bernardo - but at a time when it will have a huge significance.
If that transpires to be the case I seriously hope we appeal. Unlike the dipper kid, Bernardo has support from all areas - not that I think the corrupt FA will give a toss.
Bernardo's case was supposed to be heard on the same day as the dipper kid. Bernardo asked for it to be delayed, not the FA

Because I don’t think they had any choice; the court of public opinion, and the emphasis on ‘kicking it out’ are such, that the FA had no meaningful choice but to charge Bernardo imo. They would have been crucified if they hadn’t.

I've made the same point.
They have to investigate everything, or get hammered for ignoring it - probably using the line "pandering to City" in some quarters!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.