Eliud Kipchoge | Sets new official world record at Berlin (pg5)

Amazing time, did he run it without actual pace makers?
Seem to recall another athlete attempted a sub 2hr some time ago but that was with organised pace makers brought in by the organisers, sadly the time wasn't recognised

No he ran with pacemakers. He is the current world record holder at 2.01:39 but this event was solely designed to break the two hours.

Dont care for me the majority have took drugs or cheated in some way to break the records even Johnson.

That's all well and good but can he do it on a cold Wednesday night in Middlesbrough?

Why wasn’t his time officially allowed to stand as a world record just because he had some people running with him ?
Because he had multiple pace makers, on a course just designed for him so not proper race conditions.
I’d still say it’s a WR but I can see why they’re not classing it as official.

with or without pace setter it should be recognised ,he still ran the distance ,so what's the problem
I think its something about not having water stations so he didn't have to slow down to pick up as they had bikes to keep pace with him and feed him water from what they said on bbc news

I'll be honest running fast doesn't impress me, who fucking cares?

Onlt reason to run is for a train, if your being chased and when the wifes annoyed.

Though maybe is because if I ran 20 yards nowaday s I would probaby die

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.