Football Tourism - Good, Bad or Indifferent?

They are a fucking nuisance. Half and halves, school visits, mobs of far east tablet holding guests.

However, its the future and they fill seats

I'd put them in rhe same box as estate agents and taxi drivers, a nuisance but probably needed ling term.

The real problem is giving tourists away tickets.

They are a fucking nuisance. Half and halves, school visits, mobs of far east tablet holding guests.

However, its the future and they fill seats

I'd put them in rhe same box as estate agents and taxi drivers, a nuisance but probably needed ling term.

Totally agree with your last point .

They are a fact of modern successful football, they are a cash cow.

I have no problem with them they help fill the ground and they spend money.

The atmosphere issue is due to an aging fan base, and the fact that some go to the game as a day out with mates and spend the whole time chatting.

We need a developed North Stand with safe standing with an understanding it's for singing. I would make it season card only, so as such should not be available for tourists except for the limited number of resale via the club.

am all for it and love the idea somebody else is finding manchester city even if they are 1000s of miles away, from the first day manchester city has been growing and this year marks the 125 years of man city, just imagine if the hand full of people that turned up at st marks could see us now

we all built this great club of ours over the years and it will go on and on long after we all meet our maker, that is football you leave your little bit of mark on the club and every fans DNA is printed in the history and so will the new fans, spread the word and they will come

Does the club even do this? I wouldn't consider myself a tourist in the way that most of the people in this thread are using the term, but as an overseas supporter, whenever I've attended away matches I've definitely not bought my ticket directly from City.

We as a family of 5 went to New York 2 yrs ago.
We went to the Yankee Stadium to watch a baseball match with my 3 kids and wife buying baseball caps.
We also went to Maddison Square Gardens to watch a Basketball game & one of my daughters bought a large (Steve Mc Pointy hand) for a laugh.
I guess we were just as bad as anyone who visits the Etihad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.