Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Yes it is the worst, flew back last night with the partially disabled Mrs maccielue, wheel chair was available at the bottom of the aircraft steps assistance was given down the steps all going well until abandoned at the entrance to the arrival gate with 2 flights of stairs required (no lift available and outside in the rain). No airport staff to help. If the pilot and crew of the flybe flight from Southampton are reading a great big thanks for your help up the stairs to arrivals otherwise we might be still stuck on the apron

Arrived at Manchester after a comfortable flight taking 8 hours and forty minutes with an assisting tail wind of 85mph that whisked us safely along the eastern seaboard majestically crossing goose bay before finally descending down through heavy cumulas to the lowest boughs and brushwood sheaf and around the elm-tree bole and tiny leaf and whilst chaffinch sings on that orchard bough ...back In England—now ! .. sniff . ...

Then it all transformed into utter dog shit and madcap mayhem as we taxied to the new terminal 2 at Ringway International home to the weary traveler whose sole purpose in life was to offer us all respite and a helping hand from the drudgery and shackles of international jet set travel .. We landed and were kept on the aircraft as the new terminal two did not have an available walkway and it was lashing it down. So they sent for some steps to get us off and they came back with steps that were not big enough for the aircraft typo so they had to manually adjust them. Then the captain said he apologized for the further delay and we would not be having steps for the rear of the plane as the brand new terminal 2 does not accommodate rear steps so all in all it took forty minutes before we climbed down into weather most foul and I only had on my bart simpson shorts muscle t shirt and flip flops and got soaked. But that's not all because the fun was only just beginning as we commenced our 12 minute walk of shame to passport control. After a long walk we all stopped at the point were it said 2 more minutes to control. A few early morning flights had crippled this new terminal and we were informed we would be "processed" in approximately 30 minutes and the airport staff were taking some flak. One assistant said we should be patient as when this new terminal is finished in April it will make all our lives way more easier. "So why are we using the facilities of an airport whose terminal is not yet ready for traffic" quipped one errant traveler and a fair question to ask in my humble opinion. Landed at 07.16 and got to our car on jet-parks at 09.20 ..good grief and not the home welcoming I had envisaged after all night travel. We was not after pomp ceremony and water cannons fired over bow in homage and salute but just a little basic customer care and service after a hard days commute ..Apologies for the rant and unfortunately it is what it is.
Spot on -its like a feckin massive surprise to them when the jet stream blows a plane in ahead of time.

I find if you go expecting an absolute nightmare and you end up with anything even slightly less then your holiday/trip will get off to a better start.
FWIW I reckon East Mids is even worse. The staff are nazis without exception, 10 security scanners and only ever 2 in use, and I always seem to be at the back of the queue with 2 plane loads in front of me as I wind me way into the cattle shed they laughingly call arrivals. Don’t be expecting your luggage to appear on the carousel any time soon either, cos the one baggage handler is probably busy rifling through any unlocked cases or hand luggage.

went out with jet2 last week from terminal 2, 1.5 pints of lager and a vodka & orange £22.50, someone needs putting in jail, i dont recomend the terminal hike either to the gate why they cant fix the flat moving floor i have no idea, is this terminal being re vamped?

went out with jet2 last week from terminal 2, 1.5 pints of lager and a vodka & orange £22.50, someone needs putting in jail, i dont recomend the terminal hike either to the gate why they cant fix the flat moving floor i have no idea, is this terminal being re vamped?

We went with Jet2 in the summer,fuck me the very last pier of the new development it was,took ages,any further of a walk and we would have been in Wilmslow,ridiculous gaff

We went with Jet2 in the summer,fuck me the very last pier of the new development it was,took ages,any further of a walk and we would have been in Wilmslow,ridiculous gaff
10 minutes from here
5 minutes from here
im sure that walk took more than 10 minutes

Stansted for Bratislava the other week was fine. Ten minutes to get through security and comfortable places to sit before you could board. I was wary using Ryanair but we were prompt there and back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.