Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with Otamendi and that first goal is that he doesn't either win the ball or commit the foul.

Naturally, if going to ground, then I'd much prefer him to win the fucking ball but if he can't do that then he has to commit the foul.

Do something, don't just dive in and tackle fresh air. That leaves us exposed and had he made the foul wolves don't score that goal.

It's his lack of doing absolutely anything that pisses me off.

If he is insistent on going to ground, which he shouldn't be doing, then get a result out of it.

I'm really not arsed if that means a foul and a red card when it prevents a goal.

Been saying this since the game. Might as well have just pulled him back

Been saying this since the game. Might as well have just pulled him back
What made his senseless action worse was that it left Fernandinho havign to try to cover the man with the ball, forcing him to leave Traore open. If Otamendi stays on his feet and tries to shepherd his man out wide or slow him down. Fern is still able to cover Traore.

when laporte injury happened the whole ground went silent and the fans knew it was a big blow if we lose him this season

talk about bad timing or sods law or lady luck ?? but in liverpool they was smiling because we did not sign a defender to cover anything like a long term injury in the defence, ok we had cover but nothing like for like, liverpool have been so lucky in not losing key players and even if they did not win the league last season they push us all the way because of the lack of injuries

but we must get on with it and not panic buying when kompany left was right because selling clubs was asking daft prices just look at maguire value crazy, so please laporte get well soon and come back stronger and ping them cross field passes to walker

Last year Van Dijk didn't get injured. That was where Liverpool were lucky. However, Gomez was on a great run then broke his leg against Burnley. Lovren proceeded to get injured and then Matip which left Liverpool shoehorning Fabinho in as a Centre Back for a few weeks.
Laporte is class and was a leader at the back. Once injured coupled with Kompany leaving things were going to be a bit shaky there. Norwich really exposed City and highlighted Laporte's absence but still had to score 3 to win. Against Wolves I'm not sure what happened. Granted, the defence was all over the place but it doesn't explain why there were no goals the other end. KDB was missing and is also world class but he was missing for most of last season and that had f-all impact.

Last year Van Dijk didn't get injured. That was where Liverpool were lucky. However, Gomez was on a great run then broke his leg against Burnley. Lovren proceeded to get injured and then Matip which left Liverpool shoehorning Fabinho in as a Centre Back for a few weeks.
Laporte is class and was a leader at the back. Once injured coupled with Kompany leaving things were going to be a bit shaky there. Norwich really exposed City and highlighted Laporte's absence but still had to score 3 to win. Against Wolves I'm not sure what happened. Granted, the defence was all over the place but it doesn't explain why there were no goals the other end. KDB was missing and is also world class but he was missing for most of last season and that had f-all impact.

I have a feeling that was largely just Scouse mythology, and Fabinho actually played just twice at centre half (and one of those was away at Wolves in the cup, where they fielded a deliberately weakened team anyway).

Last season Bernardo was a great substitute for Bernardo. Against Wolves he didn't start and the midfield that did was unable to do what KDB and Bernardo did. Not surprising. These are two of the best players in the world. David used to be up there too. I don't think he is any more.

Look we gifted Norwich 2 goals, there was no exposing of our defence, that's the top and bottom line of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.