Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This constant need by opposition fans to belittle and dismiss Kane's ability and character by any means necessary seems weird to me. Every bit as weird and and wrong as the media's need to criticise Sterling at every turn, until recently.

Kane's statistics are phenomenal in the modern game. And he scores every type of goal: long range, short range; right foot, left foot; headers; one on ones; and, yes....penalties. To score penalties regularly, often in intense pressure situations, is a skill too, you know. It comes from hours of practice. And mental strength. Not many players can be relied upon to take on the role.

He also creates. Even last night in one of the acknowledged worst England performances of recent years, he created two one on ones for Sterling and what, with a better first touch, should have been another for Sancho.

He's not perfect. No player is. But the haters only succeed in making themselves look foolish.
He is no sergio

This constant need by opposition fans to belittle and dismiss Kane's ability and character by any means necessary seems weird to me. Every bit as weird and and wrong as the media's need to criticise Sterling at every turn, until recently.

Kane's statistics are phenomenal in the modern game. And he scores every type of goal: long range, short range; right foot, left foot; headers; one on ones; and, yes....penalties. To score penalties regularly, often in intense pressure situations, is a skill too, you know. It comes from hours of practice. And mental strength. Not many players can be relied upon to take on the role.

He also creates. Even last night in one of the acknowledged worst England performances of recent years, he created two one on ones for Sterling and what, with a better first touch, should have been another for Sancho.

He's not perfect. No player is. But the haters only succeed in making themselves look foolish.
I like Kane and thing he is an excellent player. If he was playing in a decent international team he would have scored even more goals.

He is definitely the best penalty taker in England.

He is no sergio

Aguero is brilliant. Would have loved him at Spurs. We made a £38m bid for him the January before City got him but Atletico refused to sell mid season, even though we met his buyout clause.

Kane is a different kind of striker. But also brilliant. Whether he can keep it up into his 30's, as Aguero has, is debatable, though, given his drop in form since a succession of injuries.

Aguero is brilliant. Would have loved him at Spurs. We made a £38m bid for him the January before City got him but Atletico refused to sell mid season, even though we met his buyout clause.

Kane is a different kind of striker. But also brilliant. Whether he can keep it up into his 30's, as Aguero has, is debatable, though, given his drop in form since a succession of injuries.
Evening JimB, I've read your posts for quiet a while now and have noticed you have managed to crash through the breakers on here and are now quiet established as a resident Spuds supporter.. Can I ask, What the fcuk is going on at your club? It's like a circus minus the elephants but overstocked with clowns!
Why aren't your players putting it in for you?

I think Kane is a great player and also a great passer of the ball. My only criticism is that he hasn't developed his game as much as I thought and sometimes he can seem a bit static. Perhaps he is not getting the sort of level of coaching Sterling has had at City. I feel quite a few Spurs players have not really kicked on such as Deli Ali, Winks, Trippier, Dier, Walker Peters, even Eriksen. I accept there have been a lot of injuries. I really thought Kane and Ali would be world-beaters. Poch has had a lot of praise for improving the squad but he hasn't got the best out of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.