Football Tourism - Good, Bad or Indifferent?

Does the club even do this? I wouldn't consider myself a tourist in the way that most of the people in this thread are using the term, but as an overseas supporter, whenever I've attended away matches I've definitely not bought my ticket directly from City.

That's exactly my point. Its impossible to get an away ticket for a premier league game anymore and then you see swathes of tourists in the away end. Really really frustrating. I would be interested to know how you got a ticket?

I suppose I'd be classed as a tourist these days. Travelling from overseas to catch a game. Now; where did I leave my half and half scarf?

You left it with me,for next time you come over.

And for the record Jim,as I'm a strong voice on this subject,there are certain supporters /fans that don't fall into this category,you being one of them.And you know it.

Now do me a favour though mate,don't bring that big fuck off Nikon camera with you next time,and I'll consider giving you your half and half scarf back,even though it's got City / Watford on it ;)

You left it with me,for next time you come over.

And for the record Jim,as I'm a strong voice on this subject,there are certain supporters /fans that don't fall into this category,you being one of them.And you know it.

Now do me a favour though mate,don't bring that big fuck off Nikon camera with you next time,and I'll consider giving you your half and half scarf back,even though it's got City / Watford on it ;)
Haven't you got some planes to track, rather than wasting your time on here?

That's exactly my point. Its impossible to get an away ticket for a premier league game anymore and then you see swathes of tourists in the away end. Really really frustrating. I would be interested to know how you got a ticket?
Friends, friends of friends, spares, that sort of thing. It sounds like you should be less frustrated with the tourists and more so with the locals selling their tickets to them.

Friends, friends of friends, spares, that sort of thing. It sounds like you should be less frustrated with the tourists and more so with the locals selling their tickets to them.

We have been over this topic many times. It’s mainly Agencies / Companies buying Boxes or other expensive corporates to sell at the Etihad and being guaranteed away tickets in return.

The main exception to this is the big following of Belgium we got at Highbury who sourced their tickets with the help of players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.