Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Low's presser:
Ilkay is fit and will start tomorrow in Estonia.
That was the plan since Monday and a rest on Wednesday.

Let’s hope he is rested for us next weekend

He will be benched and rightfully so. Kev will be back. I’m not saying he should be sold or that we should buy a CM but every game he starts as an 8 I’ll be weary. He adds nothing in the end product department. If folks think he adds enough value in other departments I won’t argue that, for me it’s absurd.

He will be benched and rightfully so. Kev will be back. I’m not saying he should be sold or that we should buy a CM but every game he starts as an 8 I’ll be weary. He adds nothing in the end product department. If folks think he adds enough value in other departments I won’t argue that, for me it’s absurd.
Giving him a new contract was complete madness in my opinion.When Pep leaves he will still be here on huge wages

Giving him a new contract was complete madness in my opinion.When Pep leaves he will still be here on huge wages
Especially 4 year deal. 3 year deal would have been the correct length but he should have never been given one like you say. One of those players that can be easily upgraded, but now its impossible due to his contract, we won't be able to sell him even if we want to.

Gundogan just doesnt have a place in any starting 11 providing others are fit.

Is he more creative that the two silvas, KDB.....no
Is he better defensively than any of the other players..... no
Is he a box to box player - no
Does he add goals - rarely and certainly not as much as KDB, or Bernie (or even David Silva over the last season or two)

He is poor defensively, adds very little going forward, cannt tackle and is slow...passes sidewards or backwards most of the time (hence his good passing stats).

Worst of all he just doesnt look committed in the way he plays (but thats just a personal opinion)

Id sell him in a heart beat but Pep obviously thinks different

Gundogan just doesnt have a place in any starting 11 providing others are fit.

Is he more creative that the two silvas, KDB.....no
Is he better defensively than any of the other players..... no
Is he a box to box player - no
Does he add goals - rarely and certainly not as much as KDB, or Bernie (or even David Silva over the last season or two)

He is poor defensively, adds very little going forward, cannt tackle and is slow...passes sidewards or backwards most of the time (hence his good passing stats).

Worst of all he just doesnt look committed in the way he plays (but thats just a personal opinion)

Id sell him in a heart beat but Pep obviously thinks different
Obviously he does and 198 points in two seasons, shows why you pick the team on a keyboard and not at the top level :)

Obviously he does and 198 points in two seasons, shows why you pick the team on a keyboard and not at the top level :)

Are you saying Gundongan was the main driving fore in any of those 2 seasons...or even part of the driving force in either of those seasons - more than any of the others mentioned - seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.