Solar security lighting

ganganvince

Looking at getting some light on the front door don't really want to drill through for power do these solar ones give off much light ?

Looking at getting some light on the front door don't really want to drill through for power do these solar ones give off much light ?
I got a cheap one off Amazon a while back. Helps that it's south facing probably but gives ok light and is motion sensor triggered. Mpow was the brand, well under a tenner, works fine and enough light to see about 6 foot outside, but admittedly nowhere near as powerful as the mains connected outside light we have. See it ping on every night at dusk so still working a year or so on.

I got a cheap one off Amazon a while back. Helps that it's south facing probably but gives ok light and is motion sensor triggered. Mpow was the brand, well under a tenner, works fine and enough light to see about 6 foot outside, but admittedly nowhere near as powerful as the mains connected outside light we have. See it ping on every night at dusk so still working a year or so on.
Didn't buy it from Liverpool then?

*stereotype alert*

I’ve just got 2 £60 ones from Screwfix. Brand is Luceco. Not had chance to put them up yet but I’ve had the lights on and seem bright enough. They’ve got lots of different settings like always on at night but at 50% power, on the pir full power for 30s then down to 20%, or on the pir full power 30s then off until further movement.

This thread is very illuminating.

I've just bought some from the website that @80s Shorts recommended. It seems, from reviews, that the biggest issue is water ingress so I'd make sure any you buy have a good deal of shelter from the elements. I've bought some where the solar panel is separate from the light (connected by cable of course) so can put the light under shelter and the solar panel facing the right way round the corner of the house.

This thread is very illuminating.

I've just bought some from the website that @80s Shorts recommended. It seems, from reviews, that the biggest issue is water ingress so I'd make sure any you buy have a good deal of shelter from the elements. I've bought some where the solar panel is separate from the light (connected by cable of course) so can put the light under shelter and the solar panel facing the right way round the corner of the house.
Have ordered some off Amazon as per Bluetonium's post waiting at home for me now when i get off work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.