Last Film You Saw

The art of self defence. Weird but watchable. 6.5/10.

I've been waiting to the find the time to watch this and finally got around to watching it today! It was almost a brilliant film and then the messaging got lost in the last 10 mins or so.

I was really enjoying it until then!

Aside from that, welcome back Jessie Eisenberg!! I'm glad he's returned to the genre he's a 'black belt' in!! This kind of role is like a second skin for him, so much so he that takes that skin into other roles where he looks ungainly and awkward!

These small independents are his niche and where he's king!

Joker 8/10
Joaquin Phoenix is incredible. He actually is. The film is very dark, sad, captivating.
I feel it gets better as it goes on. It’s a good match for the Nolan Batman films. Different styles but all very good.

IT 2 6/10
Bit of a crazy film to be honest. Considering the amount of money behind this movie, compared with the budget of the original TV movie its not all that much better. Don’t think the cast was that good. Wasn’t much chemistry between them (adults not the kids). Story could have been better. Bill Hader was good. It’s ok but I felt a bit disappointed.

Last edited:
Anyone seen the new Brad Pitt one? Seems to be getting very good reviews,was thinking of going to see it this week,is it as good as the reviews are making out?

"Fractured".

I wasn't sure if I liked Sam Worthington, as an actor, but this Netflix film has sold me on him. He's simply superb in it!

As for the film, it doesn't offer up surprises, per se, but there are some thought provoking moments and the directing and editing are excellent.

One of the more completed works by Netflix and certainly one of their best.

Strong turn from Worthington, however, wasn't overly impressed with the film if I’m honest, too predictable for me!

Anyone seen the new Brad Pitt one? Seems to be getting very good reviews,was thinking of going to see it this week,is it as good as the reviews are making out?

The one with Di Caprio? Once upon a time in Hollywood or something?

If so, don’t bother. One of Tarantino’s to file in his shite category. Mind numblingly boring, the characters don’t develop and you don’t root for anyone, there’s no substance to the plot and it basically stands still for over 2 hours.

I walked out of the cinema with 50 minutes to go. Eventually caught up with the last I missed, 40 more minutes of boredom with an additional 10 minutes of a Tarantino clusterfuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.