Album of the day - Basement Jaxx (Rooty)

BlueHammer85

411N44FNH7L._AC_UL436_.jpg

Rooty is the second studio album by English electronic music duo Basement Jaxx, released in June 2001 by record labels XL and Astralwerks in the UK and US respectively.

Like its predecessor Remedy, Rooty was well-received critically and commercially. Five singles were released from the album: "Romeo", "Jus 1 Kiss", "Where's Your Head At", "Get Me Off" and the Australia-only single "Do Your Thing".

1. Romeo
  2. Breakaway
  3. SFM
  4. Kissalude
  5. Jus 1 Kiss
  6. Broken Dreams
  7. I Want U
  8. Get Me Off
  9. Where's Your Head At
  10. Freakalude
  11. Crazy Girl
  12. Do Your Thing

Review 217

Some cracking singles off here - 'Romeo' , 'Where's Your Head At' and 'Do Your Thing' are all the stand out tracks - Basement Jaxx fuse dance music with Pop, not as heavy as the likes of Chemical Brothers and Prodigy but they can produce some very good stuff and have a unique style in the Pop world.
i don't think this betters their debut 'Remedy' which seemed to be more acclaimed by their fanbase - nevertheless it's good, upbeat and entertaining.

7.4/10

I've just had a listen on you tube. Must be a FOC cos I'd rather listen to my fuckin' knees creaking than that shite!
Tbf it's stuff for when your off your tits on a night out rather than after news at ten with your horlicks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.