Subbuteo

My time with Subbuteo was 1977/78 when Forest started to win stuff.. I had a first division of 16 teams, the season being 15 games, 2 points for a win.
I worked out the fixtures, games were 10 minutes each way. I played every game..did the same format for division 2. Two teams promoted, to division 1, two relegated to division 2..

Oh City finished P15 W11 D3 L1 F52 A15 Pts 25 = Champions! (lost at Norwich would you believe)
Runners up were Coventry City on 21 points.. Smashed it!! Haha!
I must have had a bit of compassion back then 'cos the rags finished 12 and just stayed up!
Didn't go out much back then!!

Amazing what you remember..

We had a League when I was a kid. Everyone brought their own teams and we had a tournament that seemed to last all summer holidays. I had Arsenal and Burnley..Jimmy Mcillroy and Ray Pointer were the big stars .

I had Newfooty first. The players were just cardboard shapes stuck into the base, later they were on a kind of thin plastic film. Think Newfooty went bust, that's when I got Subbuteo with the more lifelike figures. Never bothered with the floodlights and all the fancy extra bits & pieces but it was a great game to play in the backroom for a couple of years until the girl from next door started coming round.

Last edited:
eaU9MmrD.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.