Remembering Yaya!

At present there is no one in world football who can be seriously compared to Yaya Touré.

Says it all really, it might be many years before we see someone who has the same combination of technical and physical abilities and the vision and temperament to go with it.

Silva questions this

Nowhere near as good.

Toure, Tevez and Kompany are the three most important, impactful players of the past 10 years; perhaps Aguero too, but without what Tevez, VK and Toure did in the lead up to the QPR game, that 93:20 wouldn’t have been relevant.

Even last year, it wasn’t David Silva pinging in 30 yarders into top corners out of nowhere to change the course of the title race.

He was an incredible player for us and he was instrumental in taking us up several levels. He scored lots of important goals for us but for me his absolute best was the one against Sunderland in the League Cup Final. We were losing and looking so flat that day and when he struck the ball (I was right in line with him) I groaned as it looked like another aimless effort going out for a goal kick. When it went in I went absolutely berserk.

The atmosphere went from zero to bedlam instantly.

Flawed as an individual but an amazing signing for us.

I agree with what you said, apart from the goal against Sunderland. I was right behind the nets at the front of the top tier and from the moment it left his boot it was clearly going in. I was up in the air before the ball had crossed the line. Unstoppable shot for its power & accuracy. Great player - just a pity he couldn't keep his mouth shut after the farewell the Club & the fans gave him. For me that needlessly soured his incredible City career but IMHO as player he was a one-off. We were fortunate to have him when he was at the peak of his powers.

Nowhere near as good.

Toure, Tevez and Kompany are the three most important, impactful players of the past 10 years; perhaps Aguero too, but without what Tevez, VK and Toure did in the lead up to the QPR game, that 93:20 wouldn’t have been relevant.

Even last year, it wasn’t David Silva pinging in 30 yarders into top corners out of nowhere to change the course of the title race.

Perhaps Aguero? I don't think there's a perhaps about that, Aguero scored 22 goals prior to the QPR game and scored the goal and has been vital in all the success that has followed. Tevez time with us was far too short to consider it the most important, he was an unbelievable player from 2009-2011 but his influence can't be compared to that of Aguero's.

Lol - Yaya and Tevez are no where near the status and level of Aguero and Silva at this club.

If we decide some of our players are to get statues or stands named after them, Vinnie, Kun, and Merl are first in line from the current generation.

Never injured either. Absolute beast.

Apart from the second half of the qpr game, and we all know how close we were to catastrophe there (after being 1 nil up at half time when he was on, he got the assist). He stays on in that and we coast to a 3 nil win IMO

Second best city player ive ever seen behind only ginger kev for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.