Running thread

I''m 4 months injury free and upto 4k. Slowly I'll get to 5k, then to 10k. But am I strange in that i just wake up and go for a run at 7am? Also I run without trackers and headphones.

I''m 4 months injury free and upto 4k. Slowly I'll get to 5k, then to 10k. But am I strange in that i just wake up and go for a run at 7am? Also I run without trackers and headphones.
Nothing strange about any of that mate, i rarely use headphones, i'd think about the tracker though as it helps keep a log of times, distance and pace. Don't need anything too expensive, you can use your smart phone if you have one, plenty of Apps available.

Managed to finish the half yesterday, but took me 2:57. Running with an ankle injury wasn't pleasant, which has impacted my training, but it was a great event to be involved in.

Hope your ankle gets better mate
I managed 1.52. Have ran a half in pain before and it's not pleasant like you say.

7 am in this dark wet weather is a good effort.
I used to swear by headphones but gradually weened off them and only use it for one long run a week.

Nothing strange about any of that mate, i rarely use headphones, i'd think about the tracker though as it helps keep a log of times, distance and pace. Don't need anything too expensive, you can use your smart phone if you have one, plenty of Apps available.

Don't get me wrong have tried apps but got annoyed with failed tracking from time to time. Roughly know my pace now. Just plot on google maps and get out there. Cheers though. May get a wearable at some point. My wife has the PolarM40 and seems nifty.

7 am in this dark wet weather is a good effort.
I used to swear by headphones but gradually weened off them and only use it for one long run a week.

Yeah, I'm a parent so up at that time anyway. The gains are it's out the way and roads/paths clear.

Need some good tops - preferably long sleeve. Any recs people?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.