Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

100 quid.
The terms being that you’ll wager he’s banned for the Liverpool game as a consequence of this tweet; with no odds, straight £100 bet, winner takes the other’s stake in full, plus is returned his own?

I’ll take that. Not an inveterate gambler, and not certain of the outcome, but I’ll absolutely take that bet if it’s on the table...

Barnes will always have my utmost respect and support for the way he's dealt with racism, but I'll never agree with his defence of Suarez after the Evra incident, zero tolerance means zero tolerance.

Good interview with John Barnes on racism in football. Backs Bernardo, or at least doesn't see it as racist.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...es-race-england-football-bernardo-silva-tweet

A good read in Guardian Sport for once.

“What is wrong with a black man with big lips and a round head?” he says in reference to the Conguitos logo. “If you had to draw, say, N’Golo Kanté as a cartoon, how would he look? Would he not have black skin, big lips and a round head? Why is that negative?”

No problem with Barnes in this article. Good read. He makes some good points - the problem is, someone was offended and that brings the game into disrepute, and that is a bgger issue these days than actual racism. To most.

This piece by Sachin Nakrani is a good read too.

I think the only thing to come from Bernardo's tweet, will be a conversation and discussion on how to rid the game of racism BUT it is a deep social problem.

Anyone think that tonight’s racism in Bulgaria towards England’s black players might mean the FA go tough an Bernardo to show there tough on Racism to UEFA.

Anyone think that tonight’s racism in Bulgaria towards England’s black players might mean the FA go tough an Bernardo to show there tough on Racism to UEFA.

Nah mate, they were already gonna go tough on him purely cos he plays for city!!!
Quite possibly, but tonight shows the stark differences between a tweet and 'out and out' racism.

Can’t see it helping him.

UEFA need to grow some bollocks. Where were the police tonight? Imagine if a load of dickheads in one of our grounds were giving Nazi salutes. I didn’t see any of them arrested. Just chucked out.

Uefa are facilitators of racism. They’re almost as bad as the perps themselves. Pathetic, meaningless slogans and badges do nothing to solve the problem yet the leniency of their punishments actively encourages these morons to continue with their nonsense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.