United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
7e404dfe3141e7274e5c217327ad2a51.gif
Did they get a penalty?

I didn't watch the Wales v Croatia game, but I was shocked by the match report where they describe Dan James pretending to have a head injury.

2472.jpg

Giggs said “He was compos mentis. We did tests at half-time and he passed them. He stayed down, I say about players being smart and he was smart, he stayed down and he was fine. The physios came over and there was no problem. He stayed down, he was a bit streetwise, he told the doctors ‘I’m just not moving, I’m just sitting still,’ not to get anyone sent off but just using his nous. At half-time, he did and passed all of the concussion tests. He was fine.”

I don't care if Man Utd are playing Liverpool next, that is cheating. We all know players do it, but usually it's impossible to prove. If he gets a ban for this, it will probably be from international matches.

The football authorities should be dealing with this. There is deception going on here. Either Giggs is pretending his player was not unconscious, or the player is trying to deceive the ref. Is there another explanation?

Last edited:
I didn't watch the Wales v Croatia game, but I was shocked by the match report where they describe Dan James pretending to have a head injury.

2472.jpg

Giggs said “He was compos mentis. We did tests at half-time and he passed them. He stayed down, I say about players being smart and he was smart, he stayed down and he was fine. The physios came over and there was no problem. He stayed down, he was a bit streetwise, he told the doctors ‘I’m just not moving, I’m just sitting still,’ not to get anyone sent off but just using his nous. At half-time, he did and passed all of the concussion tests. He was fine.”

I don't care if Man Utd are playing Liverpool next, that is cheating. We all know players do it, but usually it's impossible to prove. If he gets a ban for this, it will probably be from international matches.

The football authorities should be dealing with this. There is deception going on here. Either Giggs is pretending his player was not unconscious, or the player is trying to deceive the ref. Is there another explanation?

Remember this is the same Ryan Giggs , who was " injured " for a 50% minimum of his international call-ups .

That's a genuinely bizarre quote. What exactly was he using "his nous" for if it wasn't to con the referee into sending someone off?

I saw another quote from him saying it was just a bit of "acting". Imagine being a doctor/physio and racing onto the pitch thinking someone has been knocked clean out, only to get there and hear him say something like "It's alright guys, I'm just pretending not to move". I'd chin the cocky little **** right there and then.

There's pretending to be injured, which is bad enough, and then there's pretending to be unconscious, which is absolutely despicable and should result in a lengthy ban heading his way.

The alternative is that he really was unconscious and Giggs has concocted this story to justify leaving him on for the second half, which is even worse!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.