Lives that tell a great story.

Don’t know how many of you have heard of the Boxer Johnny Tapia but his life story should be made into a film, a film you would say was to far fetched if you didn’t know it was a true story
He died about 10 years ago I think in his late 40s

Richard Branson’s bio “Losing my Virginity” is an entertaining read and a Racehorse Trainer called Ken Payne wrote a revealing story called “The Coup” about betting skulduggery within the racing world.

The best though for me was Richard Burton’s bio written my Melvyn Bragg, entries from his diaries give a real insight into the fella.

Also one of the best books I have read was about a bloke called Bela Guttmann. Was the Pep of the 1950s winning the Champs lge with Benfica on two occasions. Managed all around the world including South America and brought the 4-2-4 formation to Brazil. Often went abroad to avoid Nazi persecution as he was jewish and spent time within a slave labour camp and fortunately escaped before being transported to Auschwitz and also managed the jewish side Hakoah Wien which toured the world.

Alice Walker.
" No person is your friend if they demand your silence or deny your right to grow "

For reasons of modesty, excluding myself, I would nominate the following individuals:

1) Max Woosnam. A true sporting talent.

2) A guy I heard about through a colleague who entered WW1 as a barrister turned officer, and was so overwhelmed with what he saw in the field of human conflict that when he came back he trained to become a doctor, in order that he could repair people. And he achieved that.

3) Any of the the Beatles, most especially Ringo.

4) Prince Phillip.

5) Chauncey Gardiner...

Last edited:
For reasons of modesty, excluding myself, I would nominate the following individuals:

1) Max Woosnam. A true sporting talent.

2) A guy I heard about through a colleague who entered WW1 as a barrister turned officer, and was so overwhelmed with what he saw in the field of human conflict that when he came back he trained to become a doctor, in order that he could repair people. And he achieved that.

3) Any of the the Beatles, most especially Ringo.

4) Prince Phillip.

5) Chauncey Gardiner...
There will be growth in the spring

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.