Last Film You Saw

Strong turn from Worthington, however, wasn't overly impressed with the film if I’m honest, too predictable for me!

I agree about the predictability, but the film didn't hide that. It was open about it fairly soon-ish.

To be fair, I thought the psychosis angle and the way it was handled was the best thing about it.

The tightrope of believing and not believing the character was superb.

This was merely a Sam Worthington vehicle and it paid off.

The one with Di Caprio? Once upon a time in Hollywood or something?

If so, don’t bother. One of Tarantino’s to file in his shite category. Mind numblingly boring, the characters don’t develop and you don’t root for anyone, there’s no substance to the plot and it basically stands still for over 2 hours.

I walked out of the cinema with 50 minutes to go. Eventually caught up with the last I missed, 40 more minutes of boredom with an additional 10 minutes of a Tarantino clusterfuck.

Think he means Ad Astra.

Anyway, I disagree a little with what you’ve said about Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I do agree that the story is lacking and most characters don’t evolve but for me the film is, as mostly is with Tarantino, about the individual scenes and that can mean his films break up into sections.

The dialogue and how these scenes play out is amazingly good.

Anyone seen the new Brad Pitt one? Seems to be getting very good reviews,was thinking of going to see it this week,is it as good as the reviews are making out?

if you mean Once upon a Time in Hollywood; slow film that rambles its way towards a typically explosive Tarantino style ending. I think it's a filmmakers film or something, as it's pretty bloody dull until the end.

If you mean Ad Astra, another pretty slow effort but quite thoughtful. I think it lost its way with the ending but some of the cinematography is great and its alright.

El Camino. I think people were expecting Jesse to be back in the making meth game. Fitting end to the series.
Watched it last night, Seen alot of trailers for it and most of the scenes in the trailers weren't in the film did you notice that?
I enjoyed El Camino though I thought it was very good to see what actually happened Jesse he went through some fucked up stuff. Thought it would of showed what was happening with Walter's family but then again youd have to make a 6 hour film if you to go through the main characters.

Interstellar

Wow. Whilst slow moving and a tad convoluted at times, this must be one of the best sci-fi films in recent years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.