Club open new sensory room at The Etihad

Given that this is great news don't expect it to have a huge amount of coverage...

Great they've done this, but they don't give a damn that the club shop this season has music pumping out every day not even just match days, my son wont go in, i tried again last week and he covered his ears and dragged me out screaming "no no too loud", the security guard found it amusing, which made me very pissed off.

A few months ago city did the "trophies at the shop" day, we took our son, walked in, they had music that day so loud it was like in a nightclub, speakers right next to the trophies. He burst into tears and we had to go, only 30 seconds after walking in, he was hysterical outside and we had to go home again. I contacted city, they said it had been advertised as having a "DJ" i pointed out it was also advertised as being a "family friendly" day.

Anyway, point being even on none match days this season they have music on very very loud, didn't do it like that last season. And kids with sensory issues can't take it. Which isn't exactly inclusive :(
Why change it, why have it normal last season and extra loud this season.

I sound grumpy, but you don't know how dishearting it is the last few months that i walk into any shop and if it's too loud he drags me out screaming about the music, the city store being by far the worst. He was 3 in Sept. (and his paedicatrician doesn't give a shit. Don't go in the shops then is their opinion. He'll grow out of it is another opinion. Very helpful)

Surely getting the child there involves going through the match day crowds,wouldn't that be too much for them?

Well there won’t be a problem after the game if you wait till the final whistle.

Surely getting the child there involves going through the match day crowds,wouldn't that be too much for them?

The children seem to arrive early to avoid most of the crowd and when arriving you are only in a crowd for a short space of time not ninety minutes.
This space gives the children the option to leave to the sensory area when anything disturbs them and return when ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.