Guess the car of another BM poster.

I’ve never felt the need to own a car so I never took lessons. I’d get behind the wheel if I had a family to ferry around - but that’s it save living somewhere remote depending on four wheels.

It was always easy to find someone to give me a lift somewhere etc.

Ha, my son wants a lift home from work at 7pm,I've told him to get the fucking bus.
He couldn't be arsed with driving lessons either.

Ha, my son wants a lift home from work at 7pm,I've told him to get the fucking bus.
He couldn't be arsed with driving lessons either.

I always used public transport. I tended to get a lift to the airport and covered petrol money.

Having the tram out to Failsworth and Droylsden was a God send. Such a simple commute in to town.

I never took lessons, got a learners permit and started driving. I bought a Honda 550 Nighthawk before I had any drivers licenses.
I got my mate Lou to drive me around on the bike and I sat behind watching what he was doing until one day I said, "o.k, get the fuck off, I've got it now".

My brother had a Maestro (I can't think why) that was such crap that he would park it near Maine Road at a home game and deliberately leave it unlocked, hoping it would be stolen.
Alas, it never was, so he was lumbered with it. What a load of crap that car was.

Fortunately mine is much more elegant, if a tad made for the middle-aged.

My brother had a Maestro (I can't think why) that was such crap that he would park it near Maine Road at a home game and deliberately leave it unlocked, hoping it would be stolen.
Alas, it never was, so he was lumbered with it. What a load of crap that car was.

I have never ever locked a car or indeed front door in my entire life. I don't even own a front door house key.

How do you get in and out? Or if it is permanently open, how much have you had stolen?

The Mrs or one of the kids is always in. If they are not I just nip to the pub, happens 2/3 times a year. I have honestly not owned a front door key to my own house for 30 years. Could count on one hand the times I have locked my car. Never been nicked.

In fact it did once but I got it back and that was because I left the key in the ignition by mistake!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.